Obama's Intimidation Attempts

"Try this thought experiment: You decide to donate money to Mitt Romney. You want change in the Oval Office, so you engage in your democratic right to send a check.

Several days later, President Barack Obama, the most powerful man on the planet, singles you out by name. His campaign brands you a Romney donor, shames you for "betting against America," and accuses you of having a "less-than-reputable" record. The message from the man who controls the Justice Department (which can indict you), the SEC (which can fine you), and the IRS (which can audit you), is clear: You made a mistake donating that money.

Are you worried?"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304723304577368280604524916.html

The website:

http://www.keepinggophonest.com/behind-the-curtain-a-brief-history-of-romneys-donors/

I'd actually like the list of donors for both candidates released. I think it would be fascinating to see who donated, their business, and their dirt. I think it would go along way to illustrate why 50% of voters just don't bother.

I'd actually like the list of donors for both candidates released. I think it would be fascinating to see who donated, their business, and their dirt. I think it would go along way to illustrate why 50% of voters just don't bother.

Open Secrets

Always a good review this time of year. Obama's top 2008 donor was the University of California. Then Goldman Sachs, Havard, Microsoft, Google, JP Morgan, Citigroup.

Open Secrets

Always a good review this time of year. Obama's top 2008 donor was the University of California. Then Goldman Sachs, Havard, Microsoft, Google, JP Morgan, Citigroup.

So Obama has raised 200M and we are 8 months out? I think I am reading this correctly....

My gut feeling is this is not what the Framers had in mind when they envisioned a representative Government, and small government at that.

So Billions will be spent on elections, can you imagine how that money could really help Citizens, especially the one who are truly needy?

thanks for the post

So Obama has raised 200M and we are 8 months out? I think I am reading this correctly....

My gut feeling is this is not what the Framers had in mind when they envisioned a representative Government, and small government at that.

So Billions will be spent on elections, can you imagine how that money could really help Citizens, especially the one who are truly needy?

thanks for the post

Maybe not but it's hard to tell free people where they can spend their money.

thanks for the post

Don't worry, campaign finance reform is fixing all these things. You know, just like ObamaCare is going to fix what's wrong with the Health Care "system".

:lol:

thanks for the post

It does help the truly needy, by ensuring the right Democrats are elected to office who will make sure the truly needy are helped by the rich paying their "fair share".

Still waiting for DiN, Conner, PJ, etc to stand up for their man

C'mon guys, I'm sure Bush did it too. If not Bush, then Reagan, or Nixon. There's got to be some excuse....

I'm sure Bush did do it, too.

And if not...well, he did promise change.