Somebody likes what we did.........

This. I shrugged my shoulders yesterday when they made the pick but the more i look at it the more it makes sense and I don't think they could of done any better. Our D did get better and pass rush and competent DB's are the future of NFL defenses.

Thats my point! I love big physical DBs, we need some toughness, speed, size on defense! Guys we got it!

Edited by marauderswr80

i didn't like this pick. i thought the offense has been neglected. this is the way its going to be. i am trying to find the upside and like this pick. its still easier to deal with than the spiller pick. i keep hoping that it will be a good move in the long run.

have you not seen our defence the last 5 years?! Offence needs to stay healthy. Defence needed an over haul. By the way, we haven't used ALL of our picks yet.

He's also got practice hitting QB's, too - I haven't seen it mentioned much, but this also ties right into improving the pass rush - Gilmore instantly becomes our best corner blitzer!

I think that is an important piece. Our dline is fierce, forcing opposing offenses to game plan ways to keep Mario, Dareus, et al from getting clean, brutal shots in. But can they do that and still adequately account for corner blitzes? I do not think so.

If I had to bet which Bill is most likely to send Brady to the locker room, it would now be Gilmore.

Edited by scribo

Our biggest hurdle is beating the Patriots. So how do you stop Welker and Gronkowski?

1. You force them to stay in and block.

2. You jam them off their routes at the line

3. You have a kick ass nickel defense.

By my count, we're doing just fine.

Y'know something . . . you're right.

My question for today: are we in love with Williams (the CB) now? Is he that good?

Is seems to me that Bills are trying to build a defense like Miami's when Wanstash was the headcoach. They had a dominant defensive line with bump and run cornerbacks. I'm sure they would have like Kuechly to fill Zack Thomas' role, but I'm sure having a lot of corners is going to help stop the Patriots. I think they will be able to find linebackers in later rounds.

I'm also happy that they got a quality player instead of reaching for need like the Bills used to do. Seatle fans have to be going nuts now.

From what I've seen of Keuckly he's nowhere the disruptive forse Zach Thomas was. Poor comparison, IMO.

When I look at the defense as a 4-3 it looks OK. When I look at a the defense as a base Nickel I like it a lot better. Given the trend to run the nickel half the time or more perhaps that is the current template for the Bills D. If this defense can finally stuff the run and pressure the QB out of the Nickel then I would say that the FO really accomplished something.

I think that is an important piece. Our dline is fierce, forcing opposing offenses to game plan ways to keep Mario, Dareus, et al from getting clean, brutal shots in. But can they do that and still adequately account for corner blitzes? I do not think so.

If I had to bet which Bill is most likely to send Brady to the locker room, it would now be Gilmore.

So now we are going to be the Saints and hurt people again? Listen, I want Brady sacked, intercepted, confused, any possible thing on the field so we beat the Pats, no point in hurting though.

So now we are going to be the Saints and hurt people again? Listen, I want Brady sacked, intercepted, confused, any possible thing on the field so we beat the Pats, no point in hurting though.

I am certainly not talking about bounties or dirty hits. Stop reading what's not there. I am simply pointing out that Gilmore is yet another big-time hitter who has the potential to be putting the pads to opposing QBs, which is part of the game.