Glenn, Martin, Adams

eball

Will this be where Buddy gets his LT? Pretty slick if they wind up with one of these guys at #41 after a lot of folks wanted them to get one at #10.

Buddy better be prepared to package some of the 4th or 5th round picks to trade up if there's a run on OTs at the start of the round. I'd love to get Glenn for his versatility and immediate contribution or Massie for his upside. Even Schwartz (who I bet the Pats nab to replace Light) might be a good pick here, even though some boards have him going in the 3rd.

Settle down brah. Didn't say it or imply it. Can I criticize his drafting approach without making you cry? He's too passive for my liking. It's a fair comment.

No, the "fair" comment would be to say that while Buddy's preference is to not lose draft picks, it will be interesting to see what he does if he believes a player the Bills want is at risk of going before they pick. I would hardly call Buddy "passive" -- rather, he has a plan and sticks to it. It's easy to play "wheeler dealer" when you're sitting on your couch.

Prepare for another meltdown if we pick an OT over a WR at #41.

PTR

With the lack of depth at OT and the good depth at WR, I will be SHOCKED if OT is not the pick. If there is something more than shocked, I would be that. It HAS to be an OT. Who is the smartest OT with the most starts. That's their guy.

No, the "fair" comment would be to say that while Buddy's preference is to not lose draft picks, it will be interesting to see what he does if he believes a player the Bills want is at risk of going before they pick. I would hardly call Buddy "passive" -- rather, he has a plan and sticks to it. It's easy to play "wheeler dealer" when you're sitting on your couch.

Did you see how many trades were made last night?

Yes the Bills need depth but they also need playmakers at key positions. Buddy's first two drafts have produced very few starters. My personal (PERSONAL) preference would be to walk away from the draft with 2 or 3 impact players, as opposed to 8 quality backups.

Did you see how many trades were made last night?

Yes the Bills need depth but they also need playmakers at key positions. Buddy's first two drafts have produced very few starters. My personal (PERSONAL) preference would be to walk away from the draft with 2 or 3 impact players, as opposed to 8 quality backups.

That would be a dream draft for any team. My personal opinion is that the Bills actually ARE drafting for depth and competition this year. Lack of depth, not lack of quality starters, is what doomed them last season. Gilmore is an impact player -- he'll be starting sooner than you think. If the Bills land one of the four OT prospects still sitting there, I put that in the "impact" category as well...but they probably won't start this season.

As for Buddy's first two drafts -- I think a number of these guys are growing into more impactful roles. Spiller now looks like the stud we hoped he'd be. Last year's crop looks fantastic. Dareus -- starter. Williams -- likely starter. Sheppard -- starter. Hairston -- starter.

Buffalo has playmakers at RB (Freddy/CJ), WR (Stevie), DE (Mario), DT (Dareus/Williams), S (Byrd), and now CB. That's not bad.

Think Colts pick 1st and Martin was Luck's LT at Stanford, so figure that's a fit. Then Washington will likely pick Glenn to protect their new star QB. So Buddy, you better be prepared to be disappointed because I don't think you'll be able to move up for them.

Too bad, because Glenn would be the perfect fit for the Bills.

Maybe Mike adams won't be a total bust...

With the lack of depth at OT and the good depth at WR, I will be SHOCKED if OT is not the pick. If there is something more than shocked, I would be that. It HAS to be an OT. Who is the smartest OT with the most starts. That's their guy.

I agree with this, but the teams in front of us know they can probably get a good WR in the 3rd round too. Might mean a run on OT's before our pick.

Think Colts pick 1st and Martin was Luck's LT at Stanford, so figure that's a fit. Then Washington will likely pick Glenn to protect their new star QB. So Buddy, you better be prepared to be disappointed because I don't think you'll be able to move up for them.

If Martin and Glenn do indeed go early, look for Massie to be the pick, not Adams. I should have edited my thread title.

I don't see Glenn lasting to 41. Particularly since he's a very strong OG prospect in addition to being a high-upside but risky OT prospect.

Rams pick first, so Glenn could be it. Colts are second and Fleener is there, who would also be a nice fit.

Washington does not have a second round pick.