Question about Gilmore and Revis

I didn't know much about Revis when the Jets drafted him much like I don't know much about Gilmore with us. My question is, did Revis look as good as he does now on the day he was drafted or was he a Stephon Gilmore type where it looks like a good pick and just happened to turn in to a great pick? Will Gilmore ever be Revis material in the mind of the guru's on board? I'm happy with the pick though I would have loved either Ingram or Floyd but what's done is done and Gilmore is our guy. What do we have to look forward to in Gilmore?

I didn't know much about Revis when the Jets drafted him much like I don't know much about Gilmore with us. My question is, did Revis look as good as he does now on the day he was drafted or was he a Stephon Gilmore type where it looks like a good pick and just happened to turn in to a great pick? Will Gilmore ever be Revis material in the mind of the guru's on board? I'm happy with the pick though I would have loved either Ingram or Floyd but what's done is done and Gilmore is our guy. What do we have to look forward to in Gilmore?

Revis wasn't even a starter his rookie year.

PTR

I think all of our DBs excel with a pass rush! Even mckelvin! As i said in another thread, im excited to have Gilmore and Aaron Wlliams tandem! Cant wait!!!!

Exactly! Our new and improved pass rush will benefit our secondary by leaps and bounds. No longer will opposing QB have 10 minutes to get rid of the ball.

Revis wasn't even a starter his rookie year.

PTR

Not for nothing, he started all 16 as a rookie. In fact, he has started every game he's been available to start in his career. I'd be happy if Gilmore did the same. CB is the easiest D position to adjust to on the pros. There's better than even chance he starts from day one.

GO BILLS!!!

Gailey said he expects him to immediately challenge for a starting role.

In any event, I expect Williams to start before McKelvin and McGee will be hurt by game 5 and in comes Gilmore; giving us our best CB tandem since Winfield/Clements...

Not for nothing

or, like the local chowds say, "Nuttin' from nuttin' but yer mother makes a tough mozzerella!"

in comes Gilmore; giving us our best CB tandem since Winfield/Clements...

This.

Maybe not necessarily this year, but certainly in 2013. I'm excited about this pair's future. Big, physical, talented, and young. The future looks bright!