BUDDY IS DEFINITELY NOT ASLEEP

I know that we've gotten over the "Ralph is cheap" mantra, but I can just picture the number of "Buddy is asleep" posts when we select somebody that 80% of the board disagrees with.

But that's the nice part about this: for the first time in....hell, a decade....I'm quietly confident about the draft. I knew last year was easy one in round 1...but Buddy et al kicked ass in the rest as well. Even if it is an unexpected pick...it won't shake me that much.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

But that's the nice part about this: for the first time in....hell, a decade....I'm quietly confident about the draft. I knew last year was easy one in round 1...but Buddy et al kicked ass in the rest as well. Even if it is an unexpected pick...it won't shake me that much.

It is nice to have somebody doing the drafting who knows what he's doing.

Really? Two words: Aaron Maybin

Wait -- are you saying there have been busts before? Thanks for the reminder. I can't imagine them going that far out on a limb again. The player they pick will be a day one contributor.

Mike, what say you to the contention that Buddy is cheap and that Ralph is asleep?

I say, there is a HIGH probability that Ralph is in fact, asleep.

Buddy might be cheap, he does seem like the kind of guy that would pick up a check though............

Really? Two words: wrong GM

One word: ridiculous. Have you been asleep the past two years? OBD has had it right with the majority of the picks in both 2010 and 2011 and I expect the same, if not better, this year. I haven't seen a bust in the past two drafts (maybe Wang and Calloway, but both were later round projects), though there are a few question marks (Jasper, Troup, Levi Brown and Chris White) but all have shown promise or were BPA's late in the draft.

In Buddy we should trust. The guy has not let us down in the least.