JETS looking to trade up....wayyyyyyy up

Yeah, I think if you missed it the first time around but go back and actually read through the Mario Williams thread, you'll see the origins of just about every inside joke on this board for the next few years.

Those were some funny three days on this board...there are some comedians here at Two Bills Drive that makes it the best group online.

Respectfully submitted,

"The Computer Geek at One Bills Drive Who Couldn't Get the Live Feed to Work at Press Conference"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a "running team" that doesn't have a quality back.

All the blather aside, this is the bottom line.

S Green is just ok and they have no other RBs. Last year they tried to rely on Sanchez and it backfired. So while I would be surprised to see the Jets make another huge move to the top 5 of the draft, it's not out of the realm of possibility. It might be more likely to see them trade up in the 2d round to grab one of the 2d tier backs.

That was for the 2nd best QB in the draft. After that it's a slippery slope into homegeity this year. If I'm Cleveland or Vikings I listen to what they have to say. The normal draft-trade formulas don't apply this year, with the exception of #2 overall.

Luck, RGIII, Richardson, Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne are considered blue-chippers. After them it's a slippery slope of homogeneity. The Vikes would be moving out of the blue-chipper area into the homogenous area, so there would still be a premium even though Richardson isn't a QB. Even more so given the rookie cap. I would think that at least the cost would be what the Skins gave up to move up just 4 spots.

People are sayig kalil is good but he's no Ogden

Richardson is an RB in a passing league so the value or his position is lower.

Blackmon has been falling on a lot mocks because he was smaller than everyone thought at the combine

And claibornes falling too since he whiffed badly on the wonderlick

Again I conclude after luck and rg3 this draft falls off a cliff.

What if Sanchez and Holmes are part of the deal to trade up? Along with the Jets 1st round pick. Think the Browns wouldn't be interested?

Somethings up here. I think the Jets might make a crazy move again.

Browns get their QB, WR and still have two first round picks. Jets get their ground and pound RB, remove the QB circus with Tebow as their starting QB, and still have the rest of their draft.

This could happen, right?

Can you imagine the reaction at Radio City if the Jets traded picks + Sanchez to Cleveland for the #4 spot?? I want it to happen just to hear the roar that would come from the crowd!

They want him, but the Vikes would be stupid to trade back to 17. I can't see it happening.

Depends on what they get. It's pretty much accepted that the talent level after pick 5 isn't significantly different through pick 25. If the Vikings pick up an additional first and second, I'd do that deal all day long.

Can you imagine the reaction at Radio City if the Jets traded picks + Sanchez to Cleveland for the #4 spot?? I want it to happen just to hear the roar that would come from the crowd!

The Jets have something up their sleeve. Will it happen? Who knows, but you know they're thinking about doing something crazy...LOL

Here's what I don't get.

On espn just a moment ago Sal Pao was saying tue Jets are looking to move up. They also said the Jets have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds. They also said that Tannebaum has moved up in 3 straight recent drafts. 07' from 25 to 14 for Revis, 08' from 36 to 30 for Keller, and 09' from 17th to 5th for Dirty Sanchez. My question is this, I know there hasn't been moves in a few years but how the H&LL fo they have 7 picks in 3 rounds when they have clearly been shorthanded on picks the last few years? Did they trade someone for 2 2nds and 2 3rds that I don't know about?

Richardson will be a beast in the NFL. I would very much like to see him anywhere but the AFC East. That said, if the Jets are dumb enough to mortgage their entire draft to get him -- I could live with it.

Really? I'm kind of at the point where no running back really scares me, even guys like AP and CJ. Even the real stud RB's don't have a long shelf life.

I'd love to see the Jets waste a bunch of picks on a 1st round RB.

Those were some funny three days on this board...there are some comedians here at Two Bills Drive that makes it the best group online.

Respectfully submitted,

"The Computer Geek at One Bills Drive Who Couldn't Get the Live Feed to Work at Press Conference"

Ground up and in the freezer.

We all know what kind of dividends it paid the last time the4 jests moved way up in the first :oops:

Here's what I don't get.

On espn just a moment ago Sal Pao was saying tue Jets are looking to move up. They also said the Jets have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds. They also said that Tannebaum has moved up in 3 straight recent drafts. 07' from 25 to 14 for Revis, 08' from 36 to 30 for Keller, and 09' from 17th to 5th for Dirty Sanchez. My question is this, I know there hasn't been moves in a few years but how the H&LL fo they have 7 picks in 3 rounds when they have clearly been shorthanded on picks the last few years? Did they trade someone for 2 2nds and 2 3rds that I don't know about?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7742806/2012-nfl-draft-complete-seven-round-order

No, that's backwards. Most of the Jets picks are in rounds 5-7. They only have 3 picks in round 1-4....which means they would definitely be giving up picks next year or trading players away to move up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7742806/2012-nfl-draft-complete-seven-round-order

No, that's backwards. Most of the Jets picks are in rounds 5-7. They only have 3 picks in round 1-4....which means they would definitely be giving up picks next year or trading players away to move up.

Well, that would make ESPN wrong again then. They defenately said 7 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I heard Mike and Mike mention this and they asked Schefter who immedialtely shot it down.

Not surprising. It would cost too much for the Jets to move up and it would be too far for the Vikes to move down. Now if the Dols were interested in moving up, I could maybe see it.

I guess there was alot of buzz late yesterday (according to Sal Palontonio (sp?) and others, that Rex Ryan and the JETS GM are extremely high on Trent Richardson and are looking to move from their current spot at 17 I think all the way up to 3 or 4. No one seems to think this is possible unless they mortgage all their picks this year (and even more) to make that big of a move....but I wouldn't put it past Rex to see the writing on the wall - that he is a big mouth braggert and needs to show some production.

I also see this as a move demonstrating that the Bills D Line poses a threat to the Jets as it relates to their ability to pass against us 2x a year. They know what they have in "Sanchise" (a head case) and they know we can stop (or have shown an ability to contain) Tebow. They are scambling for a quality RB and we have 2 very good ones in Freddie and Spiller.

Times like this I like to sit back and watch. As Doc pointed out a few days ago, rumors were swirling that Sanchez wanted a trade out, then the Tebow deal, Santonio being a flake, and the bickering locker room....kinda fun to watch the Jets self destruct (especially if they mortgage all their picks for a RB (who could just as easily tear his ACL at minicamp).

With the 10th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select "Luke Russert's Mom"

Jets Are Morons if they trade up for Trent with all their needs.

Jets Are Morons if they trade up for Trent with all their needs.

Not necessarily. Other than Luck and RG3, TR is the ONLY immediate high impact player in the draft. He will score points right away for any team he is with---and that is by far the most important factor. Be big trouble for us.

Here's what I don't get.

The trade for Revis took an extra 2nd ('07) and 5th ('07) to swap 1st rounders with Carolina.

The trade for Keller in 2008 took a 2nd ('08) and 4th ('08) to get Green Bay's #30 pick.

The trade that the Jets made to the Browns to move up for Sanchez involved an extra 2nd ('09), and 3 shlubs off their bench, none of which are still with the Browns. You have to remember that Mangini was pulling the strings and basically did his old team a favor with this one.

So it's not like they're down any picks for the next year's draft from making these trades each year. That's why they're able to do it.