JETS looking to trade up....wayyyyyyy up

I guess there was alot of buzz late yesterday (according to Sal Palontonio (sp?) and others, that Rex Ryan and the JETS GM are extremely high on Trent Richardson and are looking to move from their current spot at 17 I think all the way up to 3 or 4. No one seems to think this is possible unless they mortgage all their picks this year (and even more) to make that big of a move....but I wouldn't put it past Rex to see the writing on the wall - that he is a big mouth braggert and needs to show some production.

I also see this as a move demonstrating that the Bills D Line poses a threat to the Jets as it relates to their ability to pass against us 2x a year. They know what they have in "Sanchise" (a head case) and they know we can stop (or have shown an ability to contain) Tebow. They are scambling for a quality RB and we have 2 very good ones in Freddie and Spiller.

Times like this I like to sit back and watch. As Doc pointed out a few days ago, rumors were swirling that Sanchez wanted a trade out, then the Tebow deal, Santonio being a flake, and the bickering locker room....kinda fun to watch the Jets self destruct (especially if they mortgage all their picks for a RB (who could just as easily tear his ACL at minicamp).

With the 10th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select "Luke Russert's Mom"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with you all the way to the end. :blink:

Luke Russert's Mom was the one who tweeted that "Mario Williams was leaving the hotel on day 2 and everyone went into a panic that we didn't get the deal done...the joke since then is that Luke Russert's Mom has been involved in every decision the Bills have made since she made this "valuable" observation.

Richardson will be a beast in the NFL. I would very much like to see him anywhere but the AFC East. That said, if the Jets are dumb enough to mortgage their entire draft to get him -- I could live with it.

I saw in the NY Post Sanchez and Holmes went to the knicks game together and got roundly booed when they were put up on the scoreboard screen. Sounds like a publicity stunt trying to show those 2 are now somehow buddies and the fans didn't buy it. Like "duh" who would? Jets are really pathetic still tryin to recover from Ryan's showboating contrasted to a mediocre 8&8 team

They're a "running team" that doesn't have a quality back. They also want to reduce their reliance on Sanchez passing. Other than pass rusher theyre pretty much set. I could see them losing some picks to move up.

Losing some picks or losing "ALL" picks?? If they were to somehow make this move and trade all the way up, they just set their franchise back years (they still need some DE help, safety, O line is older, need quality reserves in the event of injury, etc). Also, as I said, the RB position has to be one of the hardest on the body and an ACL or MCL tear is only a huddle away. Imagine the uproar if they traded away their entire 2012 picks for a running back who could just as easily be in a walking boot at week 1 as be named AFC Offensive player of the week. Too much risk there. I'd be pissed as a Jets fan for them even considering this type of desperate move (as a Bills fan, though, I'm elated.)

They're a "running team" that doesn't have a quality back. They also want to reduce their reliance on Sanchez passing. Other than pass rusher theyre pretty much set. I could see them losing some picks to move up.

Considering what it took for the Skins to move from 6 to 2, moving from 17 to 3 would take the Jets' entire drafts for the next two years.

Aging players doesn't mean much to a team that has to win now. Because of Ryan's big mouth they don't have the luxury of building for the future.

Agreed

So, basically, everything comes back to Rex's big mouth

Kinda like "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"

For instance:

If I said "Batman"

1) Batman was in a movie with the Joker

2) The Joker said "Why so serious"

3) Stevie wrote "Why so serious" on his shirt

4) Stevie tried to come up with new celebrations

5) Rex opened his big mouth and said he needed Plaxico

6) Stevie tried a new celebration that gave him a penalty all because of Rex's big mouth.

I saw in the NY Post Sanchez and Holmes went to the knicks game together and got roundly booed when they were put up on the scoreboard screen. Sounds like a publicity stunt trying to show those 2 are now somehow buddies and the fans didn't buy it. Like "duh" who would? Jets are really pathetic still tryin to recover from Ryan's showboating contrasted to a mediocre 8&8 team

Also I'd read that Sanchez and Holmes tweeted Valentine's greetings to each other. Clearly, the Jets PR staff is doing everything possible to right the ship after last year's chemical explosion in the locker room.

Interestingly, Tebow was recently booed at a Yankees game.

My theory on these booings is that Giants, Yankees, Knicks = New York proper, Jets, Mets, Nets = Long Island

In other words, Yankees and Knicks fans are likely to be Giants fans and therefore would boo any New York Jets players.

Considering what it took for the Skins to move from 6 to 2, moving from 17 to 3 would take the Jets' entire drafts for the next two years.

That was for the 2nd best QB in the draft. After that it's a slippery slope into homegeity this year. If I'm Cleveland or Vikings I listen to what they have to say. The normal draft-trade formulas don't apply this year, with the exception of #2 overall.

Agreed

So, basically, everything comes back to Rex's big mouth

Kinda like "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"

For instance:

If I said "Batman"

1) Batman was in a movie with the Joker

2) The Joker said "Why so serious"

3) Stevie wrote "Why so serious" on his shirt

4) Stevie tried to come up with new celebrations

5) Rex opened his big mouth and said he needed Plaxico

6) Stevie tried a new celebration that gave him a penalty all because of Rex's big mouth.

Good job of connecting the dots. I think you nailed it.

Regarding Ryan's big mouth, I've heard that not only can he fit his own foot in it, but also his wife's foot… all at the same time!

What if Sanchez and Holmes are part of the deal to trade up? Along with the Jets 1st round pick. Think the Browns wouldn't be interested?

Somethings up here. I think the Jets might make a crazy move again.

Browns get their QB, WR and still have two first round picks. Jets get their ground and pound RB, remove the QB circus with Tebow as their starting QB, and still have the rest of their draft.

This could happen, right?

What if Sanchez and Holmes are part of the deal to trade up? Along with the Jets 1st round pick. Think the Browns wouldn't be interested?

Somethings up here. I think the Jets might make a crazy move again.

Browns get their QB, WR and still have two first round picks. Jets get their ground and pound RB, remove the QB circus with Tebow as their starting QB, and still have the rest of their draft.

This could happen, right?

No because Sanchez sucks, Holmes has a bad rep and together they're cancer. Zero chance it happens.

Luke Russert's Mom was the one who tweeted that "Mario Williams was leaving the hotel on day 2 and everyone went into a panic that we didn't get the deal done...the joke since then is that Luke Russert's Mom has been involved in every decision the Bills have made since she made this "valuable" observation.

Yeah, I think if you missed it the first time around but go back and actually read through the Mario Williams thread, you'll see the origins of just about every inside joke on this board for the next few years.