In NONE draft related news...

They can/should still name pro bowlers but just not have the game. This would be a good idea from the owners standpoint: Many players that got in as alternates now have it on their resume for contract negotiations, which makes them more expensive to sign. If they remove the game and it is an end of the season award it may actually mean something when someone lists a pro bowl on their resume.

They can/should still name pro bowlers but just not have the game. This would be a good idea from the owners standpoint: Many players that got in as alternates now have it on their resume for contract negotiations, which makes them more expensive to sign. If they remove the game and it is an end of the season award it may actually mean something when someone lists a pro bowl on their resume.

personally I think the All-Pro award is better, just doesn't get much air play because people look at Pro-Bowls instead, which I think mean less.

or just remove it all together and end the farce and let players stop using it in negotiations at all.

Skills competition with cash prizes.

edit: In fact, do the combine drills in the competition so we can compare Pro Bowlers with college prospects.

The second half is why you won't see combine activities. A beat up 30 year old doesn't want his 40 on display against a rested 22 year old.

If it happened, it would be obscure obstacle course and worlds strongest man style events to avoid that, in my opinion.

The second half is why you won't see combine activities. A beat up 30 year old doesn't want his 40 on display against a rested 22 year old.

If it happened, it would be obscure obstacle course and worlds strongest man style events to avoid that, in my opinion.

Yeah I know it would never happen for this and other reasons… NE RB Robert Edwards destroyed his knee during a beach football game one year at the Super Bowl at a league-sponsored event.

But I love the idea nonetheless.