can throw the ball very well

is smart

has poise under pressure

has leadership skills

wants to win

is tough

blah blah blah

etc...

I kind of hate this time of the football year. None of the actual excitement of the game and all of the idiotic speculation. It's a feast for the loudmouth jerks in suits who get to spew their half-baked pontifications. The amazing part to me is how consistently wrong they prove to be and how no one ever calls them out for it.

I will freely admit, when we were having a hard time nailing down a big name coach a few years ago, and especially after I saw that we settled for Chan, I was pretty pissed that we didn't just bring Billick in here. The guy was a sought after commodity when he was leaving Minnesota, and of course he got his ring while in B-more, I just felt that we should have pulled the trigger on the guy. In retrospect, I'm glad I wasn't making the calls, cause I see this guy on NFL Network quite often, and most of the time I find him to be a tool. I rarely see him say anything that is novel or clever, and quite frankly I feel like he's not really contributing much to the network overall. I have nothing against the guy, but I'm really glad the front office stayed away.

I'm more excited for Matt Millen's "How to build a NFL Powerhouse" series.

Nice!

If Billick knew how to draft great quarterbacks..he'd still be coaching.

Yup.

I will freely admit, when we were having a hard time nailing down a big name coach a few years ago, and especially after I saw that we settled for Chan, I was pretty pissed that we didn't just bring Billick in here. The guy was a sought after commodity when he was leaving Minnesota, and of course he got his ring while in B-more, I just felt that we should have pulled the trigger on the guy. In retrospect, I'm glad I wasn't making the calls, cause I see this guy on NFL Network quite often, and most of the time I find him to be a tool. I rarely see him say anything that is novel or clever, and quite frankly I feel like he's not really contributing much to the network overall. I have nothing against the guy, but I'm really glad the front office stayed away.

Yeah, that's no new personality feature of his either. He's been a tool for a long time. Having watched him a bunch through his career, I REALLY didn't want him.

Edited by Mark Long Beach

The fact that he is a bad commentator has nothing to do with his ability (or not) to coach. Bill Walsh was a terrible commentator while guys like Lee Corso are very good ones.

I'm more excited for Matt Millen's "How to build a NFL Powerhouse" series.

I preferred Richard Jauron's 'How To Corner The Draft' 8 Part Special

To be followed by Micky Loomis- Honing in on the competition and Gregg Williams- Everybody Ha$ a Price

Tune in next year for Vontaze Burdick's "How to Prepare for the NFL Combine," exclusive.

Antonio Cromartie's Guide to Contraception and Birth Control (with a forward by Travis Henry)

Did anyone see any of this seven part series? Maybe I'm crazy, stupid, or both but Brian Billick doesn't know jack about drafting QB's.

I read a story today that say Billick had JaMarcus Russel as the highest graded QB ever coming out of college...all you need to know about Billick and QB's. And I do not say that just because he was the ultimate bust, but because even on draft day know one was sold on Russell as a lock nor a true #1 overall pick. Just absurd rating by Billick.

His seven steps to finding a qb:

part 1 - see if randall cunningham will come out of retirement

part 2 - buy all of the predraft magazines you can get you hands on

part 3 - pick out the names you like the sound of the best

part 4 - make sure his name isn't Kyle Boller

part 5 - watch youtube highlights of your favorite prospects

part 6 - rank them by best background music

part 7 - make your selection!