Bills Draft Worst Case Scenario

tonyd19

OK with all the draft topics up, I decided to do not a typical mock, but a worst case scenario Bills mock (in my opinion) Basically seeing if every player we have coveted is gone by 10, who would the Bills Choose?

Worst Case Mock 10

1) Andrew Luck

2) RGIII

3) Matt Kalil

4) Justin Blackmon

5) Morris Claiborne

6) Stephon Gilmore

7) Luck Kueckly

8) Mark Barron

9) Michael Floyd

10) ???

In this case, (not probable but possible) Who would we go with....probably not Tannenhill, Cox or Richardson...My guess is Kirkpatrick or Glenn...Just thought I would get the consensus from the board on this.

I don't see Tannenhill lasting past 8 and I think its unlikely Kueckly goes to 7 Jacksonville has a lot of money invested in Poz and isn't hard up for LB's and its unlikely that Floyd goes to Carolina either (Although its possible).

If this were the scenario you would have a lot of trade down partners for Tannenhill, but if not Reiff or Cox would both be solid picks.

Honestly, I would love if this happens. Trade back for someone who wants tananhill and hopefully Reiff is still there at the pick we traded for.

I am not sold on Reiff. He is a guard. I want to stop the Dick Jauron experiment of getting out-of-position players and pushing them to play that spot. Remember what it could have been if Wood had played Center from his rookie season. I would rather have Martin play his natural position. Defense wins championships. We need a strong defense to stop Brady. We need a great defense to shut down the big running backs. My vote would be to strengthen our LB position. That is our weakest link right now in an otherwise solid defense.

Yea, to be honest, given the Bills' needs I do not see a "worst case scenario". To me, the only players that we know with certainty that will be drafted ahead of the Bills are Luck, RG III, Claiborne and Richardson (I do not see Cleveland, Tampa Bay and St. Louis all passing on him.) That leaves 5 more guys to come off before Buffalo picks. I have no idea how the next 6 would be rated, but lets just say the next 11 are:

Kalil

Blackmon

Kuechly

Gilmore

Barron

Floyd

Tannehill

Cox

Ingram

Coples

Glenn

I know opinions here differ wildly on the pros and cons of each of these guys, but regardless -- assuming none of the top 9 teams do anything crazy (well, top 7 since we already know about Indy and Washington) -- the Bills will be able to choose from 1 of 6 of these remaining picks. That could very well give them the ammunition and flexibility to trade down. In fact, if I were Buddy I would even take an "under market" deal with either the Cowboys or Chargers for that very reason.

Yea, to be honest, given the Bills' needs I do not see a "worst case scenario". To me, the only players that we know with certainty that will be drafted ahead of the Bills are Luck, RG III, Claiborne and Richardson (I do not see Cleveland, Tampa Bay and St. Louis all passing on him.) That leaves 5 more guys to come off before Buffalo picks. I have no idea how the next 6 would be rated, but lets just say the next 11 are:

Kalil

Blackmon

Kuechly

Gilmore

Barron

Floyd

Tannehill

Cox

Ingram

Coples

Glenn

I know opinions here differ wildly on the pros and cons of each of these guys, but regardless -- assuming none of the top 9 teams do anything crazy (well, top 7 since we already know about Indy and Washington) -- the Bills will be able to choose from 1 of 6 of these remaining picks. That could very well give them the ammunition and flexibility to trade down. In fact, if I were Buddy I would even take an "under market" deal with either the Cowboys or Chargers for that very reason.

Suppose that happens? Who would you take at the Cowboys or Chargers spot?

I am not sold on Reiff. He is a guard. I want to stop the Dick Jauron experiment of getting out-of-position players and pushing them to play that spot. Remember what it could have been if Wood had played Center from his rookie season. I would rather have Martin play his natural position. Defense wins championships. We need a strong defense to stop Brady. We need a great defense to shut down the big running backs. My vote would be to strengthen our LB position. That is our weakest link right now in an otherwise solid defense.

Rieff played LT in college, not G. I don't think the Jauron Principle applies here. Maybe you were thinking of Cordy Glenn? Even then, he started 18 games at LT in college, including every game his senior year.

Rieff played LT in college, not G. I don't think the Jauron Principle applies here. Maybe you were thinking of Cordy Glenn? Even then, he started 18 games at LT in college, including every game his senior year.

Yeah, but he has short arms and there is talk of that he won't be able to handle LT in the NFL. Every time I hear Buddy talk about him it's not positive. My guess is the Bills stay away from him.

I know its not a very likely outcome, just was curious if the top two wide receivers, the top two corners, the safety and linebacker we appear to like and the top left tackle are already off the board, what then.

Here is another scenario, lets assume that Buddy cannot get a trade he likes, or simply does not want to trade the pick. My thought process is do we get the second or third best player at their position (according to the previous pick) or do we truly go bpa, maybe Richardson? What a cluttered backfield in this case.

I do not think it is shaking out this way, but I am sure the Bills have thought of some scenario like this and what they would have to do if there is a run on the positional players we are looking at.