Wisconsin recall election

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GOP is peaking at the wrong time.

I see you are still "making it flow backwards" by talking out your ass and taking the schit in. Maybe the GOP hasn't peaked yet. Now wouldn't that be something for you guys?

I see you are still "making it flow backwards" by talking out your ass and taking the schit in. Maybe the GOP hasn't peaked yet. Now wouldn't that be something for you guys?

Nope... No carp here!

Better learn what San Antonio is learning the hard way... Don't peak too early.

I am not sure how the elections will play out... All I know is that it is easy to feed off the hate and haters are going to hate... Right now the GOP has the upper hand... Just be careful what you wish for!

Kinda sad when this (me) working slob is doing better than all you self-proclaimed "high rollers." Times are truly good!

Nope... No carp here!

Better learn what San Antonio is learning the hard way... Don't peak too early.

I am not sure how the elections will play out... All I know is that it is easy to feed off the hate and haters are going to hate... Right now the GOP has the upper hand... Just be careful what you wish for!

Kinda sad when this (me) working slob is doing better than all you self-proclaimed "high rollers." Times are truly good!

I see you have it all figured out. I'm laughing my ass off. Time to get some popcorn and watch your demise, but all it means is another dumbass gets what they deserve.

I see you have it all figured out. I'm laughing my ass off. Time to get some popcorn and watch your demise, but all it means is another dumbass gets what they deserve.

No demise for me... I got it good and always will. I am truly blessed. Not entitled, but blessed.

Seems you guys are up in arms since 2008 with some people's social status taking a hit.

I will do even better under Republican leadership... Does that mean I would vote for it? Heck no!

Huh? This isn't a 48 minute game, EII.

Yeah... Poor analogy... I was thinking more along the lines of the 19 or so game win streak.

The problem with us slobs... Is that the working slob is just too busy to chime in on places like this... Or the boss won't let 'em... Me? I am blessed to strattle both worlds... Even if you think it is an alien world! :thumbsup:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The GOP is peaking at the wrong time.

I remember this comment repeatedly before the 2010 midterms.

The GOP didn't ASK to peak at this time. The selfish, co-dependent me-me-me progressive left BEGGED for this fight with the recall and in the process got their asses handed to them on a platter.

Trying to find comfort in the bizarre concept that the GOP is peaking too early is almost as embarrassing as saying Walker would have never won if it weren't for Citizens United. :lol:

I remember this comment repeatedly before the 2010 midterms.

The GOP didn't ASK to peak at this time. The selfish, co-dependent me-me-me progressive left BEGGED for this fight with the recall and in the process got their asses handed to them on a platter.

Trying to find comfort in the bizarre concept that the GOP is peaking too early is almost as embarrassing as saying Walker would have never won if it weren't for Citizens United. :lol:

Don't get me wrong... I cringed at the thought of a recall... Always knowing how it would turn out... They, the dems... Can play this better in the end... Channel the hate the GOP has for people, working families for making "good money." What do you have against making good money?

Anyway... While you guys are getting ready to jump in your pj's and go night night, I gotta get heading to work... And actually do something. :nana:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Don't get me wrong... I cringed at the thought of a recall... Always knowing how it would turn out... They, the dems... Can play this better in the end... Channel the hate the GOP has for people, working families for making "good money." What do you have against making good money?

Wait. Now you're trying to tell me that the GOP is AGAINST people making good money? What in the hell? I thought the problem with the GOP is that ALL they care about is people making good money and getting rich?

Man, progressives in a corner are funnier than I thought.

Edited by LABillzFan

Malkin is really hot, but like LA she's starting to grate on me. She just has this "needs a good dicking" tone to her. Outraged and annoyed over everything.

Relax Malkin.....the new Disney movie casting an oil exec as the antagonist is not a liberal plot to indoctrinate our kids.

LA grates on you and needs a good dicking? I'm sure that's news to him.

Ahh....crap...already been done. Whatever. It's funny enough to do it twice.

LA grates on you and needs a good dicking? I'm sure that's news to him.

Ahh....crap...already been done. Whatever. It's funny enough to do it twice.

Looks like he gets to unfurl the "Mission Accomplished" banner again. As to what the mission is/was, your guess is as good as mine?

Anyway... While you guys are getting ready to jump in your pj's and go night night, I gotta get heading to work... And actually do something. :nana:

Wait a sec, if people make "good money" doesn't that mean they pay more taxes? So...the GOP is against people paying more taxes...so....they don't want people to make good money? Right?

No, wait. When the GOP pays less taxes, that means less people make good money? No. Try it again. The GOP pays more taxes, so that means they don't want people to make good money...because...if more people make good money, then, more taxes will be paid, and the GOP doesn't want other people to pay more taxes, like they do. They want to pay more taxes all by themselves. Yeah, that's it.

:wacko::lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Has anyone mocked Walker yet for his "bury the hatchet" "beer and brats" idea yet?

'Cause I'm waiting for someone to do that...just to see them have Obama's "Beers on the White House lawn" thing thrown back in their face...

Has anyone mocked Walker yet for his "bury the hatchet" "beer and brats" idea yet?

'Cause I'm waiting for someone to do that...just to see them have Obama's "Beers on the White House lawn" thing thrown back in their face...

Seriously. The worst part is that stuff like that is becoming so predictable....that it's losing all its humor value.

I just hope we don't run out of absurdity. I'm counting on the debates....that should provide gallons.

Wait a sec, if people make "good money" doesn't that mean they pay more taxes? So...the GOP is against people paying more taxes...so....they don't want people to make good money? Right?

No, wait. When the GOP pays less taxes, that means less people make good money? No. Try it again. The GOP pays more taxes, so that means they don't want people to make good money...because...if more people make good money, then, more taxes will be paid, and the GOP doesn't want other people to pay more taxes, like they do. They want to pay more taxes all by themselves. Yeah, that's it.

:wacko::lol:

Ding! My HotPocket is ready...

Too long of a post, trim it down a little more and people will actually read it... You are getting better! Keep up the good work...

Channel the hate the GOP has for people, working families for making "good money." What do you have against making good money?

It's not about making "good money" it's about them making more than the average guy who is struggling to save for retirement and college for his kids, and at the same time pay taxes to keep these "working families" from having to pay for their pensions and insurance.

Ding! My HotPocket is ready...

Too long of a post, trim it down a little more and people will actually read it... You are getting better! Keep up the good work...

That post took about 12 seconds to read, and I stopped twice for a sip of coffee. I'm sure even you could manage to read it start to finish during that 7 hour break you were talking about.

Post-recall progressive regrets: We should have escalated the protests instead of ceding our ground to the Democratic Party.

Here's Matthew Rothschild, the editor of The Progressive, writing in Isthmus:

The movement -- a real giant grassroots movement, which flooded the Capitol Square with more than 100,000 people.... began to disintegrate the moment the leaders (and who were they, exactly?) decided to pour everything into the Democratic Party channels rather than explore the full potential of the power that was latent but present in the streets back in February and March of 2011....

It was a mistake, Rothschild says, to retreat into the recall effort instead of fighting Governor Walker "with mass civil disobedience." Think of the "creative strategies" that were not tried:

The Teamsters with their 18 wheelers, whose support was so emboldening, could have driven down Interstate 90 and 94 at 45 mph all day long for a week's time to demonstrate that workers in Wisconsin weren't going to take this lying down.

Okay, let's be creative! Let's imagine what would have happened, if Teamsters with their 18 wheelers had driven down down Interstate 90 and 94 at 45 mph all day long for a week. Rothschild — he's so creative! — seems to imagine that the public would become enraged at Scott Walker and demand political change. That's the progressive fever dream.

I would have thought that the recall election were a reality slap in the face for progressives. But no, they plunge more deeply into a self-marginalizing fantasy, from which they cannot speak to ordinary people.

But I do agree with Rothschild about one thing: The Democratic Party appropriated the passion and idealism of the protesters and turned it into a hackish pursuit of partisan power. They sucked the life out of it, and the protesters should feel abused.

Ann Althouse