Revis won't rule out another hold out

He always Struck me as a pure hired gun mentality. Thinks he's the best, unique, different and a lone wolf. The uniform means nada to him, it's simply who's giving up the most Benjamins at any point in time.

Despite all this "play like a Jet" crap from their head coach, as if they are a "value brand" :lol:, that Jets uniform means little to any current Jet, and how much does it even mean to Namath?

Now, ask Brian Moorman, or George Wilson, or Fitz what the Bills uni means to them. Ask Thurman or Kelly. When it comes to football "culture" there's no comparison.

The fact is: Woody Johnson's pedigree means he knows what a value brand is, and he knows the Jets aren't it. The Jets have sucked terribly as an organization for nearly my entire life; they've had a very few good seasons, wild card, etc. Only recently have they been good, but not legitimate. When Johnson bought the team, they weren't even a legitimate brand, never mind value. Now, he's trying to establish relevance via the Howard Stern approach, and hopes that relevance translates into value. Hey, it worked for Stern. But, if they suck on the field, this approach fails due to their fans, the city they are in, and the fact that they have no history of legitimacy. Who has ever picked the Jets to win the SB two years in a row, and how often have they been picked in the last 30 years?

Cheese is cheese, and despite all manner of ESPN wishful thinking, the Bills brand loyalty and value, will always be superior to the Jets. We'll see what happens to the Pats brand post-Brady, but chances are Kraft maintains most of it. If the Dolphins don't get their act together soon, they will have gone from the best brand in the division to the worst, if they aren't already there.

Lol who'd want him? I say the market for him is a 5th round pick or worse,, which shows what the league thinks of him after 3 years in the NFL

He should have stayed in school longer.

Dont you think there are outliers who are far More aggressive trying to get every last penny for their services, more willing to split on their team and enter into holdouts?

I do. Although I might rephrase that as: I think there are players who place less value on personal and professional consistency, being perceived as good guys by their teammates. For example, Kyle Williams has consistently signed with the Bills long before his contract expires. That can be perceived either as loyalty or as Williams trading the probability of a larger future stream of income from an undefined team for the reality of a current lesser stream of income from a definite team. Taking an example from a completely different context: Is it altruistic to give money to charity is that donation gives you a commensurate good feeling? It's a similar thing: Is it loyalty if the gesture comes with commensurate personal benefits?

What I think it means is that (and I apologize if this has been stated already) Revis is expendable in the eyes of the pencil pushers for the Jets. He will command a sick contract and frankly, no corner is that good. Although you might lose some freedom on defensive schemes, you gain a lot by way of the salary cap, and if Revis isn't too stupid he'd realise that a CB, shutdown or not is not worth the money he will demand, PERIOD!

I bet that the Jets try and trade him, and if I'm accurate I bet the jets draft a CB with their first pick in this years draft to send a message to ole Revis that he's NOT worht what he thinks he is.

Tim-

I didn't hear that one Doc - any link? If that is true, it will be a very busy season for NYC Sports journalists.

I will say this - when you look at the production from Fred Ex last year before he broke his leg, the fact that we drafted him out of Coe College, his production on the field and off the field, his level headed press conferences and loyalty to the team....I'm happy we have Fred and feel pretty comfortable that Nix will get him something by way of a new contract. These are the types of players you want in your locker room (unlike the the Revis types).

No link, just heard it a few days after the Tebow trade, and then a couple times after that. Again just a rumor.

Deion, Part II.

Couldn't be further from the truth. For all his off-field antics, Sanders was considered a true team guy and locker room leader. He was known for his high work ethic, film study, tutelage of younger players, etc.

When he was with the Yankees, Sanders made the mistake of showboating a bit. Carlton Fisk got in his grill about it. Sanders said that changed the way he did things. Fisk was genuinely impressed at how Sanders contacted him later in the day and apologized for disrespecting the game.

He had that good guy rep on every team he played for. Which was nearly all of them by the time he was done.

That and, as good as he is, Revis couldn't carry Sanders' jock as a CB.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Wes Welker was on ESPN today and he's apparently not participating in the "voluntary" OTA's for the Pats. They talked to him about it and he basically said he'd worked his tail off and deserves a contract. He's not happy being tagged and made that clear. He didn't go so far as to say he would hold out but he sure implied it.

He always Struck me as a pure hired gun mentality. Thinks he's the best, unique, different and a lone wolf. The uniform means nada to him, it's simply who's giving up the most Benjamins at any point in time.

+1 After today Revis sucks to me.

When he was with the Yankees, Sanders made the mistake of showboating a bit. Carlton Fisk got in his grill about it. Sanders said that changed the way he did things. Fisk was genuinely impressed at how Sanders contacted him later in the day and apologized for disrespecting the game.

Lol like the way he "respected" the game by repeatedly dumping water on a reporters head after one of the greatest post season comebacks in MLB history. This occurred while with the Braves, a team he played for after the Yankees

Couldn't be further from the truth. For all his off-field antics, Sanders was considered a true team guy and locker room leader. He was known for his high work ethic, film study, tutelage of younger players, etc.

He had that good guy rep on every team he played for. Which was nearly all of them by the time he was done.

That and, as good as he is, Revis couldn't carry Sanders' jock as a CB.

GO BILLS!!!

All true, but how many consecutive contracts did Deion sign with the same team? That's where my comment was headed.

Lol like the way he "respected" the game by repeatedly dumping water on a reporters head after one of the greatest post season comebacks in MLB history. This occurred while with the Braves, a team he played for after the Yankees

youtube.com/watch?v=kO9jo8XkOfA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Horseshit. Nobody in the history of "color guys" deserved getting splashed as much as Tim McCarver, after all the schit he talked about Sanders. McCarver made his point in the first game, but then insisted on running his mouth, over and over, disrespecting and taunting Sanders.

Put it this way, if it had been me? And some clown had been disrespecting me like that, over and over running his mouth? There wouldn't be water in that bucket. Hell that F'er would be lucky if I didn't find him in the parking lot, not after the game, but 3 months later, with no TV cameras around to save him.

youtube.com/watch?v=kO9jo8XkOfA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not saying it was a classy thing to do. But McCarver had been ripping on Sanders all week about having the temerity to try to play in the playoffs AND play football the same week. He said some insulting things about Sanders. Should Sanders have handled it better? Yeah. But McCarver was intentionally being a d*ck about it. Sanders didn't disrespect the game, he disrespected McCarver in kind.

Anyway, my point about him being a far different player than Revis stands.

GO BILLS!!!

All true, but how many consecutive contracts did Deion sign with the same team? That's where my comment was headed.

I'm not sure how that equates to a comparison to Revis. Sanders never held out, he simply went to a team that was willing to pay him as was his right as a free agent. I can see why fans of the teams he left would feel bad, but that had nothing to do with how he was liked in each one of those locker rooms. He played one contract too late in signing with the Ravens though. Hell, he was running out of gas with the Redskins.

GO BILLS!!!