(LAMP) - US Airways can go straight to hell

stevestojan

Ok, so I was supposed to fly back to WPB on Monday.

I get to the airport - flight canceled. They told me the EARLIEST they could get me to WPB was Thursday. (important note: I live a $6 cab ride from the PB airport.)

Ok, so my other option was to fly out last night, but to Ft Lauderdale. I had to do this, as I already missed yesterday of work, and I wasnt going to throw personal days out the window because of them. They made it VERY clear i would not be compisated for any travel from FTL to WPB.

So, I fly in to Ft. Lauderdale, and where is my luggage? Hmmmm... not there.

But there are (no exaggeration) 500 bags lining the floor of the baggage claim area. They make an announcement that it is better to just go home, and you will be notified when you baggage gets there. They also said if they found your bag and you volunteered to come pick it up (rather than it be delivered) they would give you ... are you sitting for this? .... a whopping $25 travel voucher.

Since i dont live in the same county, much less that city, I had to wait. 3 hours later, it comes in... not on a conveyer belt, just on some truck (oh, the adventures my luggage must have been on).

So, I finally hop in a cab for the ninety-seven dollar cab ride... yes, you read that right. 97... that's not including the $13 tip...

So, Xmas was good, the trip back sucked, and now USAIR is asking their employees to VOLUNTEER for News Years weekend:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/29/news/fortu...dex.htm?cnn=yes

"This is a volunteer program," the airline said in an e-mail to staff published by the newspaper. "You will not be paid if this is on your days(s) off. It promises to be a rewarding opportunity to learn more about the operation of our airline and come face to face with our customers."

Its not the airline, its the union. Word is that a lot of flight attendants and most of the baggage handlers in Philly staged a huge "sickout", which resulted in the didaster that engulfed the airline over the holiday.

We all know corporation can be greedy and mismanage things. But what these people did was the ultimate in selfishness and downright illegal. If I was the head of US Airways, Id fire all their asses on the spot, contract or not.

Happened to my Sister in Philly to Boston, lost all of her luggage after24 hr of flights cancellations! She went back to Logan in Boston on SUnday for her flight to London & she saw all of her luggage on a cart. So she lucked out going to London. SHe said USair employees were taking Tips from people trying to find luggage.. as in asking for $20.00