taking a break from draft talk name a better 1-2 RB combo in the leagu

Gore and Jacobs??? Lol. I've seen every niner game over the last 3 years and IMO, he's one of the most overrated backs ever. Good production, yes, but he doesn't impress me. My niner fan/homer buddy has been hoping they would draft a new RB every year. He can't stand him. He's ok, bit I'd take Cj and Fred over him every day. Jacobs can't hold either of their jocks. The new Orleans rbs? Felix jones and demarco Murray? McFadden and who? LeSean McCoy and who? Charles and HILLIS? The top of your head is clouded.

The Raiders and Chiefs were both in the top of the league in the last few years in rushing. The Chiefs also have Jones and McCluster which also made me forget about Hillis (who I think is overrated) but that males 4 RBs that are extremely close in comparison to our duo. Jones and Murray are just as proven as our backs. McCoy and Brown the same. We are not even in the Saints league with Thomas, Spriles and Ingram. Thomas has put up numbers as big or better than Jackson himself. Spriles has put up better numbers than both of our RBs and Ingr has about the same numbers as CJ after one year and the potential to put up AP type numbers if he will ne used correctly.

Not sure why your attacking me here but you overvalue our backs and thier potentials. I have said multiple times I think CJ will be reallllly good and I've thought Freddy was good when most here were calling Lynch the greatest RB since Thurman. The fact is still that Fred is getting really old for a RB and I will make any bet that he starts to slow down considerably starting this year and CJ is still ALL potential at this point. So when our duo actually produces as much as any of the other teams I've pointed out anyone here can call me what they want or bash me all they want. Until then your all wearing rose colored glasses.

With C.J finally learning a bit about patience and letting blocks develop down field instead of making the mistake of trying to outrun nfl defenders he's now poised to emerge as a beast this year. Along with Freddy who already is an all pro to me you'll be hard pressed to find a better 1-2 punch in the league...thoughts?

What do you mean by "finally learning"? The guy has had 181 NFL attempts. The guy should be a star, and in my mind is already. Give him the ball 200+ times in a season and see what happens, then mix in his catching and he's an all pro.

Edited by Triple Threat

Sproles was one of the very best and most valuable RBs in the entire league last year. Thomas has proven himself. Ingram is solid and young. What exactly do you not like about the Saints RBs? The chiefs are a question mark but if Charles and Hillis are healthy, which is questionable, that's a very formidable duo.

Ivory being inactive says all you need to know about their depth. That said I think Fred would be #1 there. If looking at the whole group vs looking at top 2, it could change my opinion easily. It's also tough to compare as with that depth they use so many subpackages.

When we took spiller I often compared Fred to PT and spiller to Reggie as the closest comparable pair that I could think of

What do you mean by "finally learning"? The guy has had 181 NFL attempts. The guy should be a star, and in my mind is already. Give him the ball 200+ times in a season and see what happens, then mix in his catching and he's an all pro.

This. Would you like to be my friend?

Ok, all cornyness aside. As much as I've put down Fred and CJs potential this post, I agree with this so much it's rediculous. I'm a firm believer that CJ should be the #1 not the other way around. Fred is not only older, he's slower, and more suited to play the 3rd down back than almost anyone. CJ proved last year after Fred was down that he can not only handle the load but surpass Freddy. If only Chan would realize all this and keep running the damn ball.