Last 5 years no team with the weakest SOS made playoffs.

I heard on ESPN last week that the 6th year of a trend is the most likely year for the trend to break, more than 2-1 over years 4-5 and strangely, 3-1 over year 3, which I consider to be an aberration. The thing I worry about is only if this 6th year is the 6th year of a different trend that would break that trend and counteract the first trend-breaking 6th year. It's hard to say for sure, but I think it's a lot like the "there is an exception to every rule" theory. If that were true, there would be an exception to that rule, and there would be one rule without an exception, except, of course, if the one rule without an exception was the rule that states there is an exception to every rule. Hmmmm...

Strength of schedule, before a down of football has been played this year, based on last years results. :wallbash:

Sure - though it tends to correlate with the ultimate (after the fact) strength of schedule. Not precisely though, for sure.

Look how lucky the AFC first-place teams got last year with Manning going down and the "tough" Colts suddenly being the "easiest" team in the league to beat.

Still, would you rather be lined up against any other divisions this season more than the NFC West and AFC South??