There's talk that Kalil could slide out of the top 10.

Unless...

If Minnesota takes Claiborne, then Cleveland takes Blackmon...Tampa will take Richardson...Then it's St Louis...Let's say St. Louis takes Floyd...The Jags have a LT, Miami has a LT, Carolina has a LT...

It's a long, long shot...But... B-)

I got five bucks on one of the top six slipping to 10. Odds anyone?

KOK i have looked at this potential falling, and one nice scenario you have pointed to is certainly possible. I hate to say it but i am starting to get my hopes up.

What time does Buffalo pick in theory if each team uses all of it's alotted minutes please? is it 15min times 9picks? so about 9:15 pm?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless...

If Minnesota takes Claiborne, then Cleveland takes Blackmon...Tampa will take Richardson...Then it's St Louis...Let's say St. Louis takes Floyd...The Jags have a LT, Miami has a LT, Carolina has a LT...

It's a long, long shot...But... B-)

Yes but those teams would then seek a trade down for a team that needs a LT. Totally agree with the choices those teams could make but at some point Kalil's value will entice a team to move up and get him. Hope it is the Bills.

An even better scenario is that the overall feeling abou the LT's in the draft cause more than one to fall to the second round. That would be ideal. To get Floyd, a CB, or a LB in the first round and still get Martin or Glenn or the Mississippi St. LT would be a coup.

kalil is really the third best player available in the entire draft and he plays a position critical to the offense of any team. I can't imagine every team between 3 and 10 not salivating to get him. No way he slides to us, but if he does..grab him and be extremely happy. I'm not even sure Reiff is going to last til 10, but if he does we should go for him.

He won't fall to 10. If minny passes on him for glitz then I can't see Tampa passing on him.

Agree - there are a handful of players that simply won't be available to Buffalo without a trade. Kalil is one of them. It's too bad, because the LT position in this draft, value-wise, is not lining up good for Buffalo. The others - Glenn, Adams, Reiff, and Martin - the other 4 of the top 5 available OT's, are all slotted for the 15-30 range, and all of them are questionably capable of handling the left side.

The Bills would be so, so much better off if they could get a trade partner, trade down to somewhere around 20, pick up an extra 2nd rounder - because a great majority of the players in this draft who look like starters, and who would be nice fits for the Bills, are looking like going between picks 20-60. It leaves the Bills either reaching for guys, or just missing on them the following round, according to most mocks. But, I can only hope Buddy Nix plays the board right, and we get who we need, and a few to get excited about, too.

Let me just say this.

If Kalil OR Blackmon slide and end up available at #10, it'll further solidify my theory that the Bills captured a leprechaun earlier this offseason and are forcing him to grant them wishes.

:lol:

If Kalil falls to us I me get a little verklempt.

Take it for what it is worth but if he did slide to us then my question is then why would anyone think that we wouldn't take him??! Pretty perplexing if you ask me.

http://profootballta...il-could-slide/

Gadzooks. Why anyone would think Kalil (if available) would slide past the Rams, is a puzzle to me. Look what team lead the league in sacks and QB hits.

Yeah, they drafted Saffold at the top of the 2nd in 2010 and Smith #2 overall in 2009, yet the above statistic says either Bradford is slower than Molasses (not from what I've seen) or those guys ain't cuttin' the mustard and it's time to move on

I guess it's conceivable that Browns, Bucs, Jags, Rams, Panthers and Dolphins all pass on Kalil, but...is it likely?

Anything is possible if unlikely- here is my scenario for the Bills getting Claiborne

1. Indianapolis Andrew Luck QB

2. Washington Robert Griffin

3. Minnesota Matt Kalil

4. Cleveland Ryan Tannehill

5. Tampa Bay Trent Richardson

6. St. Louis Fletcher Cox

7. Jacksonville Justin Blackmon

8. Miami Michael Floyd

9. Carolina Quinton Coples

10 Buffalo Mo Claiborne

kalil is really the third best player available in the entire draft and he plays a position critical to the offense of any team. I can't imagine every team between 3 and 10 not salivating to get him. No way he slides to us, but if he does..grab him and be extremely happy. I'm not even sure Reiff is going to last til 10, but if he does we should go for him.

This could absolutely, really happen. Looking at the teams picking before Buffalo, if Minni selects Claiborne, the only team ahead of Buffalo that might need a left tackle is St. Louis. St. Louis has Roger Saffold at LT. He had an impressive rookie year in 2010 but struggled somewhat last year which ended prematurely in November with a torn pectoral muscle. Does St. Louis feel he can regain his rookie form? If so, they will go for a wide receiver, which is considered their #1 priority, and Blackmon and Floyd will be available.

If Minni and St. Louis passes, Buffalo will have him if they want him because none of the others picking in front of Buffalo needs a LT.

Does anyone know if Buffalo had Kalil in for a visit?

This could absolutely, really happen. Looking at the teams picking before Buffalo, if Minni selects Claiborne, the only team ahead of Buffalo that might need a left tackle is St. Louis. St. Louis has Roger Saffold at LT. He had an impressive rookie year in 2010 but struggled somewhat last year which ended prematurely in November with a torn pectoral muscle. Does St. Louis feel he can regain his rookie form? If so, they will go for a wide receiver, which is considered their #1 priority, and Blackmon and Floyd will be available.

If Minni and St. Louis passes, Buffalo will have him if they want him because none of the others picking in front of Buffalo needs a LT.

Does anyone know if Buffalo had Kalil in for a visit?

I got five bucks on one of the top six slipping to 10. Odds anyone?

KOK i have looked at this potential falling, and one nice scenario you have pointed to is certainly possible. I hate to say it but i am starting to get my hopes up.

What time does Buffalo pick in theory if each team uses all of it's alotted minutes please? is it 15min times 9picks? so about 9:15 pm?

Isn't it 10min or is that for day 2 now. I get mixed up with the draft. Go figure...

They do not currently have a RT, either player could move there, probably would be Kalil.

Won't happen. Penn (who was a Pro Bowl alternate last year) was just inked to a long-term deal prior to the 2010 season. And no one drafts a RT that high.

The Vikes said they won't take him. The Browns have Thomas. The Bucs have Penn. The Rams are a possibility, but may choose to stick with Saffold. The Jags have Monroe. The Dols have Long. And the Panthers have Gross. So it looks like if he makes it past the Rams, he could fall to the Bills.

Edited by Doc

Subterfuge this time of year is tremendous. Kalil isn't dropping outside the top 10, but someone somewhere is trying to create somnething that isn't there in attempt to place doubt into other potential suitors. It's a game and that's all.