Tailgate/Food Question

flomoe

Okay, here's the deal. My wife and I are coming in from out of town for the game Sunday. We are going with a couple of friends and meeting a few others in the parking lot. We, in all likelihood, won't have access to a grill for the game and with the weather prediction calling for rain, grilling might not be easy anyway.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for pre and post game food for the game? We have thought about ordering pizza the night before so that's a possibility but I was wondering if anyone had any other good ideas that can either be bought or prepared the day before. Beer will definitely be flowing so I don't need help with that. Thanks

Okay, here's the deal. My wife and I are coming in from out of town for the game Sunday. We are going with a couple of friends and meeting a few others in the parking lot. We, in all likelihood, won't have access to a grill for the game and with the weather prediction calling for rain, grilling might not be easy anyway.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for pre and post game food for the game? We have thought about ordering pizza the night before so that's a possibility but I was wondering if anyone had any other good ideas that can either be bought or prepared the day before. Beer will definitely be flowing so I don't need help with that. Thanks

183543[/snapback]

CHILI.

183543[/snapback]

Beer will be flowing, eh? I'll find you, then.

Only thing that sux0rs about chili is having to heat it up.

183548[/snapback]

you don't think a good tail gate comes without a little effort, do you?

a grill, or a burner, or even a turkey fryer...

Hell, bring a generator and a microwave.... but get some CHILI! ;)

183543[/snapback]

Food just gets in the way. Stick to Beer. You can have a $7 slice of pizza in the stadium later.

you don't think a good tail gate comes without a little effort, do you?

a grill, or a burner, or even a turkey fryer...

Hell, bring a generator and a microwave.... but get some CHILI! ;)

183556[/snapback]

I'm considering it. It all depends how much free time I have on Friday, as Saturday will be consumed with travel.

Something easy that we usually do is BBQ sandwiches. You can get a few pounds of roast beef from the deli. Slice it up and put your favorite BBQ sauce in it. Put it in one of those stay hot thermos, etc.. Get some slaw for it, some fresh rolls and you have a decent tailgate.

You can do turkey, chicken, or even pork slices from the deli as well.

Ok, if Chili is too much, make some subs... perfect food, no matter what weather.

Honestly, at most tailgates, i just pick here and there and drink beer the whole time. I normally don't eat when I drink, for various reasons.

But Subs are good. Go get a couple party subs from Wegmans (may want to order them now).

CHILI.

183545[/snapback]

Good One, didn't think of that. Plus, I can pick up a fresh loaf of bread in the morning to go with it. Cool, thanks.

Chili, the food that keeps on giving.

One of my favorite lines from the Simpsons is when Homer goes into the kitchen holding his gut saying he is never going to eat chili again then open the fridge and exclaims: "ohhhh chili" ;):blink:

Parking right at the corner of drive 2 and community drive in the drive 2 (Corrolla lot)

183579[/snapback]

I may just stagger by.

What kind of beer? I'll probably have some Yuengling or Killian's Red with me. As long as it isn't any Pudweiser products, I'm good.

I may just stagger by. 

What kind of beer?  I'll probably have some Yuengling or Killian's Red with me.  As long as it isn't any Pudweiser products, I'm good.

183587[/snapback]

Probably Molson Canadian Light and Blue Light.