High school teachers make rap video for students

Fezmid

That's nothing.

A few years ago, the VP of my division thought it would be a good idea to have all the managers and directors under her get up at the quarterly meeting and perform this horrible rap about innovation and creativity. So you had these older, predominantly white professionals who were in essentially in charge of all of our careers (never mind the fact that they had likely never even heard an actual rap song before) up there'd making up freestyle raps in these ridiculous costumes. Just terrible, TERRIBLE, stuff like, " we'll my name is Bob and I'm here to say, that we like to innovate every day".

And this went on and on and on for about two hours or so. It was quite Possibly the most embarrassing thing I have ever witnessed in my professional career. mention this to anyone in my department and you just get an immediate downward casting of the eyes, and avoidance of the issue, as if no one wants to subject their brains to the humiliation of recalling that particular waste of life...

That's nothing.

A few years ago, the VP of my division thought it would be a good idea to have all the managers and directors under her get up at the quarterly meeting and perform this horrible rap about innovation and creativity. So you had these older, predominantly white professionals who were in essentially in charge of all of our careers (never mind the fact that they had likely never even heard an actual rap song before) up there'd making up freestyle raps in these ridiculous costumes. Just terrible, TERRIBLE, stuff like, " we'll my name is Bob and I'm here to say, that we like to innovate every day".

And this went on and on and on for about two hours or so. It was quite Possibly the most embarrassing thing I have ever witnessed in my professional career. mention this to anyone in my department and you just get an immediate downward casting of the eyes, and avoidance of the issue, as if no one wants to subject their brains to the humiliation of recalling that particular waste of life...

You work at Dunder-Mifflin?

Seriously that is just dumb.

Yes because white people don't and have never lived in the "hood" :wallbash: what makes me cringe is defining hood as a "Race culture" when the hood or otherwise known as the ghetto has less to do with race, and much more to do financial constraints. It doesn't bother me if said white people grew up in or around ghetto's it bothers me when they're from suburbia/upper middle class that's when it's "cringe worthy"

Yes because white people don't and have never lived in the "hood" :wallbash: what makes me cringe is defining hood as a "Race culture" when the hood or otherwise known as the ghetto has less to do with race, and much more to do financial constraints. It doesn't bother me if said white people grew up in or around ghetto's it bothers me when they're from suburbia/upper middle class that's when it's "cringe worthy"

It bothers me when anybody acts poor.

I used to get "motivated" by such things as a slap with a ruler, a note to my parents etc....Somehow I made it, and if i had a problem, it was MY problem and not someone else's fault.

Teachers should TEACH and leave the bad entertainment to MTV.

Can you imagine Chan & CO. acting as fools in front of the team before we play a big game, to "encourage" them to play well??? Maybe Gregggg should have tried that!

I used to get "motivated" by such things as a slap with a ruler, a note to my parents etc....Somehow I made it, and if i had a problem, it was MY problem and not someone else's fault.

Teachers should TEACH and leave the bad entertainment to MTV.

Can you imagine Chan & CO. acting as fools in front of the team before we play a big game, to "encourage" them to play well??? Maybe Gregggg should have tried that!

So you feel that Marv's fight song was over the line?

That's what I'm referring to.

A little different -- wasn't Marv's fight song a bet he made with the team?

Just asking a question based on the last 2 lines in his post. Marv's reasoning doesn't matter.

Did Marv act like a fool in front of the team? Yes.

People are making way too much of this. As the spouse of a teacher I can tell you that they do silly (what those here would call stupid at best) stuff all the time. If it lightens the mood one iota job done. As for those complaining about taking the time away for study...get a grip. Teachers poking fun at themselves...oh the horror!!! Think of the children!!!

Buncha whiney asses. :devil: