Looks like the LA Vikings

Toshiero

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know theres plenty of other locations that would love the chance at an NFL team too, The Bills aren't locked into staying just cause LA wouldn't be available anymore. When the Bills are put up for sale, they could have straighten things out in Minneosota and they might be looking for a replacement to the vikings (If the current vikings leave)

These days, if your not willing to pay (for stadiums or stadium upgrades, etc.) you might not survive very long cause theres probably someone somewhere else that will pay

LA isnt and never has been a real threat to the Bills.

The NFL wants to move into other coutries and witht he Bills so close to Toronto thats the only real threat to the bills leaving IMO

Such a tough situation, especially after the Twins (66%) and the University of Minnesota (48%) got a publiclly financed stadium. It's not like they are giving Zygi Wilf a choice. They are basically telling him to leave if he can find a better deal.

I feel bad for the Vikings fans if they lose the team, no city deserves to lose their team.

Edited by ACor58

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7822446/minnesota-vikings-stadium-proposal-rejected-house-committee

More reason for Bills fans to rest easier that the Bills are staying...not that there was any chance they were moving anyway.

Except that the talk was for L.A. to get TWO teams! One in each conference. Easier to pay off a 2 Billion dollar stadium with two teams. I guess the NFC is taken care of.

PTR

Back to the Bills, that's why the appropriate response to the Bills' renovation project is

"Phew, it's only going to be $200M."

Asking Minnesotans to cough up $1B takes some big balls.

Back to the Bills, that's why the appropriate response to the Bills' renovation project is

LA isnt and never has been a real threat to the Bills.

The NFL wants to move into other coutries and witht he Bills so close to Toronto thats the only real threat to the bills leaving IMO

Any franchise in any sport is a threat to move when a new owner takes over.

I guess you didnt read the article

I guess you didnt read the article

$398 million from the state from taxes on expanded gambling, $150 million from the city of Minneapolis from existing sales taxes and $427 million from the Vikings with assistance likely from the NFL.

Except that the talk was for L.A. to get TWO teams! One in each conference. Easier to pay off a 2 Billion dollar stadium with two teams. I guess the NFC is taken care of.

As I wrote at the time that came out, perhaps the league should first see if LA can support one team. Because even that is highly questionable.

Why didn't Minny build a shared facility when they built the U of M a new stadium?

Yup.

Why didn't Minny build a shared facility when they built the U of M a new stadium?

PTR

They couldn't come to an agreement on the design and layout. TCF Bank Stadium is a horseshoe that only seats 50,000 and has 39 suites - the U of M wanted more of a collegiate feel to it.

As I wrote at the time that came out, perhaps the league should first see if LA can support one team. Because even that is highly questionable.

I lived in LA for many years and I never got when people on this board talk like LA can't support a team. Do people not understand that the Raiders and Rams left because a new stadium couldn't be built. Both teams just didn't want to play in the coliseum anymore, which wasn't built to hold NFL teams. It had almost little to do with fan support. There is tons of fan support for the NFL in LA. LA ISa viable NFL city.

$398 million from the state from taxes on expanded gambling, $150 million from the city of Minneapolis from existing sales taxes and $427 million from the Vikings with assistance likely from the NFL.

I did not read the article. But with the numbers you are posting, then why renovate RWS? If we were to put $150m into renovation, just go new.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7822446/minnesota-vikings-stadium-proposal-rejected-house-committee

More reason for Bills fans to rest easier that the Bills are staying...not that there was any chance they were moving anyway.

PTR

Any team "moving to LA" will have to sell a significant chunk of their team to AEG or that goofy Ed Roski character.

Anyone who is relieved by this news is under the impression that the Bills would be moved to LA, which is and has been a totally crazy belief that Ralph and the boys would be happy to let float around out there in order to squeeze another 200 mil (plus) out of the taxpayers.

I lived in LA for many years and I never got when people on this board talk like LA can't support a team. Do people not understand that the Raiders and Rams left because a new stadium couldn't be built. Both teams just didn't want to play in the coliseum anymore, which wasn't built to hold NFL teams. It had almost little to do with fan support. There is tons of fan support for the NFL in LA. LA ISa viable NFL city.

Little to do with fan support? It had everything to do with fan support. LA fans are fickle and simply won't support a losing NFL team over an extended period. The Rams played their last 15 years in Anaheim Stadium, so the Coliseum excuse won't hold water for them. And that's all it was - an excuse. Interest in the Raiders waned and the fans became indifferent after the honeymoon phase was over. People on this board say that LA can't support a team because history has shown they can't - twice.

They couldn't come to an agreement on the design and layout. TCF Bank Stadium is a horseshoe that only seats 50,000 and has 39 suites - the U of M wanted more of a collegiate feel to it.

Bingo, the U of M did not want to play in a NFL Stadium anymore. They wanted to customize it so they could finally have some semblance of college atmosphere at their home games after playing in the metrodome for all those years.

Bingo, the U of M did not want to play in a NFL Stadium anymore. They wanted to customize it so they could finally have some semblance of college atmosphere at their home games after playing in the metrodome for all those years.

And apparently that was worth spending tax money on, but not the Vikings.

PTR

The Rams never played in the Colleseum did they? I always thought they played in Aneheim where the Angels play.

& yes fan support is a real concern in LA. I remember Raider games that I would watch on TV where the Colleseum had just sections upon sections of empty seats. I remember games when they only got 35-40K at the game. So it may not be the main concern but it is a concern.

And apparently that was worth spending tax money on, but not the Vikings.

PTR

Apparently.