Obama and The New Math

Do you want me to pull all the quotes where the Bush supporters blamed 9-11 on Clinton?

"They looked at our response after the hostage crisis in Iran, the bombings of the Marine barracks in Lebanon, the first World Trade Center attack, the killing of American soldiers in Somalia, the destruction of two U.S. embassies in Africa, and the attack on the USS Cole. They concluded that free societies lacked the courage and character to defend themselves against a determined enemy… After September the 11th, 2001, we’ve taught the terrorists a very different lesson: America will not run in defeat and we will not forget our responsibilities."

--dubya 8/2005

Let me pin you down: You do agree that Bush played this game too, right?

Of course I agree Bush did this, too. But Bush was a lightweight compared to Obama, who any day now will explain how the Secret Service guys who had whores in Colombia were Bush's guys first. In fact, one could argue that the above quote would not have been spoken by Bush if 9/11 took place three or four years into his presidency. I'm not saying you could argue it successfully, but you COULD argue it because there undoubtedly came a time with Bush took ownership of his leadership. Three years in and Obama STILL can't help but blame the GSA embarrassment on Bush.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want me to pull all the quotes where the Bush supporters blamed 9-11 on Clinton?

"They looked at our response after the hostage crisis in Iran, the bombings of the Marine barracks in Lebanon, the first World Trade Center attack, the killing of American soldiers in Somalia, the destruction of two U.S. embassies in Africa, and the attack on the USS Cole. They concluded that free societies lacked the courage and character to defend themselves against a determined enemy… After September the 11th, 2001, we’ve taught the terrorists a very different lesson: America will not run in defeat and we will not forget our responsibilities."

--dubya 8/2005

Let me pin you down: You do agree that Bush played this game too, right?

So John Adams decided to come back and swim in one of the diarrhea threads. Can you dispute the quote above from Bush?

I like how when it's your guy doing the blaming, you defend the behavior. Obama Bad is not logic any more than Bush Bad.

3rd, you started half the threads on this board. Just because I'm talking in one, don't think it's some kind of tribute.

I like how when it's your guy doing the blaming, you defend the behavior. Obama Bad is not logic any more than Bush Bad.

3rd, you started half the threads on this board. Just because I'm talking in one, don't think it's some kind of tribute.

Not only is your math off, but you didn't even answer the question. Do you disagree with the Bush quote, you know, the one you posted?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Not only is your math off, but you didn't even answer the question. Do you disagree with the Bush quote, you know, the one you posted?

Yes, and dumbass, that wasn't the point of the quote.

You can't quit while you're ahead. I just counted for fun. You started over 1/4 of the threads here. Somewhere conner applauds your effort.

Yes, and dumbass, that wasn't the point of the quote.

You can't quit while you're ahead. I just counted for fun. You started over 1/4 of the threads here. Somewhere conner applauds your effort.

So, the veracity of a statement has no bearing?