Mario Williams?

Now that we have had some time to get over the hysteria, is there anyone here who didn't want Mario Williams or think he is overrated. I think he is awesome and couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather have except Jason Pierre-Paul. Just think we had the chance to draft him and how sick would our D be if we had both of them.

Elite pickup at an area of need. Not a franchise changer like Reggie White was (even though they paid him like one) but definitely helps Buffalo's credibility. Along with Wanny, he should help make the Bills D more tolerable to watch this season. In the end he's only one player, and not even the most important player on the team (QB), so don't expect miracles from him, just championship level play at LDE.

We'd probley have throw in spiller and a 4th to sweeten the deal

Perhaps we could get them to take Stevie off our hands in that deal too. You know, cause according to the thread bearing his name, he apparently sucks.

Now that we have had some time to get over the hysteria, is there anyone here who didn't want Mario Williams or think he is overrated. I think he is awesome and couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather have except Jason Pierre-Paul. Just think we had the chance to draft him and how sick would our D be if we had both of them.

Filled the team's biggest need and is selling tickets as well.

Filled the team's biggest need and is selling tickets as well.

Filled the team's biggest need as best as it could possibly be filled with what was available in FA + draft.

"Overpaid" for what he had and likely will produce, but that's what it took to get him, so the price is what it is.

Additionally his signing immediately and fully changed any negative perceptions about the Bills as a franchise for other potential FA's going forward.

The signing changed the worlds perception of the Buffalo Bills and Ralph.

I was looking at a picture of him recently and i did see a Bruce twinkle in the eyes.

He can play the run and i think that although he may not be a sack star he will seriously improve the whole defense when he lines up. He has changed how every offense plays us without a doubt and he has not stepped on the field yet. Hell yes we paid too much, but thats how these things go, some one else ws going to do the same.

In summation, i think we and he are going to be an amazing fit. And this time i can say that i am making an educated statement!!

fresh batch of koolaid anyone?

Getting Kyle Williams back, our addition of Marcel Dareus last year, getting Anderson along with Mario Williams is absolutely fantastic. All four of these guys on the line at the same time is a load. Wannstedt is going back to a 43 in part because he knows it is a passing league, but also because he recognizes the need to put our best players on the field at the same time. Williams and Dareus alone are a match up nightmare. Adding a couple of high profile DEs really changes the dynamic.

Now with all of that said, I don't think Mario Williams alone is the key. The Bruce Smith years were most productive when the Bills had Ted Washington and Bryce Paup. Combine Mario Williams with the other talent on this team and now your talking. I'm really looking forward to what this year's group can do. Bad things, man.

He isn't Bruce Smith but he improves the team

This is what a lot of people miss. They look at one player; not the overall picture.

Say he's double or triple teamed by opponents. That alone makes him a HUGE part of the defense, even if he doesn't get to the QB, because Dareus/Williams/Anderson (maybe even Merriman) WILL. Even if it's not a sack, the QB easily could be forced into rushing the throw or fumbling with all that pressure. I don't care how many sacks Mario gets. I know that that we have other studs on that line who benefit greatly from his mere presence. That, in turn, boosts the entire defense -- which easily validates the signing and $$$$$$$$$, imho.

BA

is it possible we have one of the best front fours going? i was looking forward to JUST a healthy Kyle and M. D. . I thought that was pretty formidable in theory. But the addition of Mario and then another extra helping of gravy with Anderson. I cant barely imagine what a healthy Merriman could do for us. and who knows? He just might be able to put us over the top.

mmmm...mmmm... good!