The accomplishment you are most proud of.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like gladiator movies Billy?

If being serious, I will answer...if not, too bad, I still will. No. I cannot stand UFC, 300, Troy, HeMan, any of that. It just seems too silly for me - and it is not even that it is pretty much homo-erotic celebrations.

Okay, seriously...

My master's thesis. Sweated blood over it, did a good job, good enough that it's been referenced in a few published papers that I've seen. My own very tiny little slice of immortality.

Was your summation "Don't like it? Then you're a idiot. @%*% moron?" No wonder it was published.

Saving a life my first year in the hospital when the overhead "code" notification system was down. And then, when I was unknowingly caring for the man's wife a year later, seeing the man I saved sitting in the corner of the room start crying when his wife told him who I was.

Saving a life my first year in the hospital when the overhead "code" notification system was down. And then, when I was unknowingly caring for the man's wife a year later, seeing the man I saved sitting in the corner of the room start crying when his wife told him who I was.

!@#$ing thread.

I was academically dismissed from a college on the first go around. I vowed to get my Bachelor's from there and I did.

The first code I ever worked as an EMT was actually saved. I got to shake his hand a couple months later.

Edited by NyQuil

A couple things kinda stand out, when I think about it.

Academically: Survived the academic system long enough to obtain my Doctorate In Biological Sciences. I'm the only member of my immediate or extended family to earn a PhD.-- I'd like to think I could do it again, but I just don't know if I have the energy any more.

Professionally: I was on the pile on 9/12 through the end of that December doing all sort and manner of things.-- I hope to never do something like that again, and hope no one else ever does either.

Personally: I accomplished my childhood goal of saving up, buying a car and seeing what was beyond that curve in the road just outside the small town I grew up in. -- Still doing that to this day.

Professionally: I was on the pile on 9/12 through the end of that December doing all sort and manner of things.-- I hope to never do something like that again, and hope no one else ever does either.

How did you end up doing this?

First one is completing Marine Corps boot camp, I was a late join (24 years old when I started) and not in the best shape. A lot of people doubted I could do it because I never listened to anyone and had never really completed anything. Getting me Eagle, Globe, and Anchor is something I will never forget. I would like to think I could do it again but I don't know if I could deal with DI's screaming at me for 13 weeks again.

Second is surviving Iraq.