The accomplishment you are most proud of.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Lauderdale with my boys for 7 days on Spring Break in 84 with $73, and making it back to school alive. Course we had to sleep on the beach, shower at a marina with a stolen combination to the locker room, day labor for 2 days to get enough gas money to get home..but still got lucky 4 of 6 nights...and throw in a double one of the afternoons.

Now that my friend is something I know i could not do anymore :thumbsup::w00t:

Edited by plenzmd1

Going to Lauderdale with my boys for 7 days on Spring Break in 84 with $73, and making it back to school alive. Course we had to sleep on the beach, shower at a marina with a stolen combination to the locker room, day labor for 2 days to get enough gas money to get home..but still got lucky 4 of 6 nights...and throw in a double one of the afternoons.

What the double.:w00t:

We did that one time. My friend took his dad's cadilac & 4 of us jumped in there & drove to the Jersey Shore. We didn't stay a week, we stayed Thursday to Sunday. We had no hotel room so we just slept in the Caddy for 3 days. The big joke all weekend was one of us would say "let's go back & take a nap in the hotel room." We go back to the Caddy on a side street where it was parked. My one friend slept in the trunk all three days. In the morning parked on the street we would be woken up by the sun & we then knock on the trunk & out would pop my friend. He would be like "man, there is alot of room in there, I never slept so good." We would give ourselves showers by buying a gallon of water & a bottle of shampoo & just pretty much washed ourselves up that way. can't say I got lucky that weekend but I did meet a girl there Saturday night, we kind of hit it off, towards the end of the night she said "want to go back to your place?" I said sure & I promptly walked her the 4 blocks where the Cadilac was parked. When we got there she looked at 2 of my friends sleeping in the car & said I don't think so & quickly stormed away. We all had a good laugh about that on the drive home the next day.

A few years ago I was offered an internship in Yosemite National Park. They told me to drive 3000 miles, camp and share a tent with someone I've never met, hike up to 8 miles a day for work and do that for 3 months.

I'd never camped besides in my backyard, never lived more than an hour away from home (Rochester). I said yes without hesitation and it was an unreal experience. Camping without electricity, internet, and canned food for a week is easy but doing it for 3 months, that's an accomplishment IMO. I had to deal with bears messing with my food which was new. My brother and my dad went to visit the last week I was there and they HATED it for the week we were all there. At that point I just laughed at them because I was a pro :)

I'd do it again in a heartbeat

A few years ago I was offered an internship in Yosemite National Park. They told me to drive 3000 miles, camp and share a tent with someone I've never met, hike up to 8 miles a day for work and do that for 3 months.

I'd never camped besides in my backyard, never lived more than an hour away from home (Rochester). I said yes without hesitation and it was an unreal experience. Camping without electricity, internet, and canned food for a week is easy but doing it for 3 months, that's an accomplishment IMO. I had to deal with bears messing with my food which was new. My brother and my dad went to visit the last week I was there and they HATED it for the week we were all there. At that point I just laughed at them because I was a pro :)

She must have been hot.

I hate picking 1 thing. I will narrow it down to 2.

Univ. of Iowa Wrestling Camp - two times. 2 weeks of nothing but hardcore working out; including 5 mile runs every morning or swimming laps, going to 2 "combat" sessions where you just wrestle the other guys, going to 2 training sessions, watching videos in the evening followed by a workout in the weight room of hardcore cardio. Then a couple times having to go do a sauna session of standing in the sauna with two heaters (of course these are like industrial sized) that have water poured over them every 2 or 3 minutes, shoulder to shoulder with other guys in just our boxers with the lights off only to get out one time and be thrown in the steam room for a few minutes with hot showers then walk out through an ice cold shower. This was during one of their best runs, with 5 national champions during Gables tenure. I have an autographed poster of all of them, I think 3 went on to the Olympics.

I could do it again if I got back in shape I was; 2.8% body fat @ 192 lbs. My muscles had muscles.

Also, the farm. Every day is a headache, every day is a chore but every headache and every chore is a seperate reward. One day I will get a bunch of pictures of it on here so you guys can take a virtual tour. I would do it again, every day for the rest of my life without question; the blood, sweat, tears, pain, adversity is nothing compared to the legacy of the farm that I am passing on and improving.

:beer:0:)

I was wondering if it would take a Brokeback kind of spin, myself. :bag:

Univ. of Iowa Wrestling Camp - two times. 2 weeks of nothing but hardcore working out; including 5 mile runs every morning or swimming laps, going to 2 "combat" sessions where you just wrestle the other guys, going to 2 training sessions, watching videos in the evening followed by a workout in the weight room of hardcore cardio. Then a couple times having to go do a sauna session of standing in the sauna with two heaters (of course these are like industrial sized) that have water poured over them every 2 or 3 minutes, shoulder to shoulder with other guys in just our boxers with the lights off only to get out one time and be thrown in the steam room for a few minutes with hot showers then walk out through an ice cold shower. This was during one of their best runs, with 5 national champions during Gables tenure. I have an autographed poster of all of them, I think 3 went on to the Olympics.

I could do it again if I got back in shape I was; 2.8% body fat @ 192 lbs. My muscles had muscles.

Also, the farm. Every day is a headache, every day is a chore but every headache and every chore is a seperate reward. One day I will get a bunch of pictures of it on here so you guys can take a virtual tour. I would do it again, every day for the rest of my life without question; the blood, sweat, tears, pain, adversity is nothing compared to the legacy of the farm that I am passing on and improving.

No i don't play for that team. I'm glad everyone immediately thought that tho. Thanks Bills Fans! :thumbsup:

I left the Yosemite Valley towards an ascent of Half Dome at 4pm in September. Dark was settling in at 7pm, so I had to hurry to make it up to the plateau. I did the last 5th of the ascent to the plateau in total darkness. Ascended Half Dome the next morning. Amazing experience, but pales in comparison to this right here. Awesome stuff CH. I would do something like this in a second as well.

I left the Yosemite Valley towards an ascent of Half Dome at 4pm in September. Dark was settling in at 7pm, so I had to hurry to make it up to the plateau. I did the last 5th of the ascent to the plateau in total darkness. Ascended Half Dome the next morning. Amazing experience, but pales in comparison to this right here. Awesome stuff CH. I would do something like this in a second as well.

You were brave to head up to half dome at 4pm! :o But ya it was unreal I cant wait to go back and see it all again

Do you like gladiator movies Billy?