8.9 Earthquake off the coast of Indonesia

ganesh

Tsunami warnings established all over the Indian Ocean. Hopefully, all the preparations will pay off this time and that there will be no casualities..

Office buildings were evacuated in the Cities of Chennai, Bangalore and Calcutta in India as Tremors moved in the area.

Good luck, i just sent notes to cousins of mine in the asian/pacific area, they seem to be unaffected so far(korea). Saw that they are posting tsunami watches for such places as UK and Iran(I guess i can see Iran...)...

again, best of luck in riding this one out!

Tsunami warnings established all over the Indian Ocean. Hopefully, all the preparations will pay off this time and that there will be no casualities..

Office buildings were evacuated in the Cities of Chennai, Bangalore and Calcutta in India as Tremors moved in the area.

In Bangkok myself, didn't feel the shocks or quake, it seems so far nothing big is going to happen again thank Buddha (of course it won't be over really for a couple more hours but so far so good on the coast where it hit last time). Best of luck and prayers. Sure can be an exciting country to live in.

These are slip fault quakes (horizontal motion. They rarely produce tsunamis. The Christmas quake and the one last year are thrust faults, where there is a lot of vertical motion.

In Bangkok myself, didn't feel the shocks or quake, it seems so far nothing big is going to happen again thank Buddha (of course it won't be over really for a couple more hours but so far so good on the coast where it hit last time). Best of luck and prayers. Sure can be an exciting country to live in.

Thanks for the update!!

Good luck in the hours to come!

1334164165[/url]' post='2434653']

These are slip fault quakes (horizontal motion. They rarely produce tsunamis. The Christmas quake and the one last year are thrust faults, where there is a lot of vertical motion.

Just in case, I hope people follow the elephants up to higher ground this time, rather than wade out into the CURRENTLY dissipating surf..