Donahoe quote on "Ask Him Yourself"

ajzepp

Did anyone see the question where TD was asked about the 12 best teams being in the playoffs instead of the top 6 in each conference? He said that he felt it should be considered, but that it likely wouldn't be......but the part I thought was funny was where he said "the Bills won the NFC West this year".

I hear you jester. Remember last year was the debate over whether there should be more wild-card teams? All of a sudden this season happens, and while having more playoff teams would almost guarantee us a berth, it would make the NFC situation look even worse.

You're right. The problem is 4 divisions. 3 Div Champs + 3 WC is better than what we're looking at.

that stuff is cyclical, and the nfl should not even consider it.  and it is not the real problem...if the nfl hadn't gone to this idiotic 4 division crap, we wouldn't be in this mess.

183236[/snapback]

Right, agreed. Because of that, I'm actually for adding another WC spot... NFC is a joke in that case this year.

Wow, I'm closing in on the 1k milestone.

of course, when i look at the standings, i see that if we were in the old three-division format, we'd still be the #7 seed at the moment. :lol: oops.

in the nfc, seattle would be a wild-card instead of a division champ...other than that, not much changes.

oh well, i still like the old way better. :lol:

I hear you jester.  Remember last year was the debate over whether there should be more wild-card teams?  All of a sudden this season happens, and while having more playoff teams would almost guarantee us a berth, it would make the NFC situation look even worse.

You're right.  The problem is 4 divisions.  3 Div Champs + 3 WC is better than  what we're looking at.

183253[/snapback]

Well, over the last 10 years, the NFL essentially added the Ravens, Texans, Panthers and Jaguars while not amending the playoff structure.

Why not add another wildcard playoff spot for each conference that will play the #2 seed on wildcard weekend? That would give the #1 seed a true reward over the other teams.

Doesn't anyone else think what TD said was funny? Just moi?

183301[/snapback]

I'll laugh if we end up making the playoffs. Right now I only see it as ironic. I'm sure TD knows well that he plays in the AFC EAST and needs to make personnel moves that get us competitive with the Pats & Jets.