Toronto for the first time this weekend

A bud of mine and I are shuffling up to Toronto for the weekend to explore the city. Anyone have any suggestions while we're up there?! We're staying right in the downtown area.

What's your ages? Interests?

I have not been to either of these....

Hockey Hall Of Fame

Steam Whistle Brewing (This is where Bills fans "tailgated" before the Bills in Toronto games)

If you are a foodee go to St. Lawrence Market. Richmond Ave is the downtown restaurant and club district. Chinatown is worth doing. CN Tower, Jays game, Eaton Center for shopping. Walking up Yonge St. There's even an Amsterdam-style coffee shop but it's BYOW.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It all depends on what you want to get into.

-- If you're into music, check to see who's playing at the Horseshoe Tavern at Queen and Spadina.

-- If you're into Italian food, try out a couple of restaurants in Little Italy -- take the street car west on College, and it starts around Bathurst.

-- The bars are overpriced, and way to fancy for my liking -- many look like they're fashioned after something out of a mall -- but if you're looking for sports bars, Hoops, which is now a chain, isn't bad. There's a great Irish Pub, PJ O'Brien's on 39 Colborne, it's a little hard to find and was a little pricey if I recall, but not bad. There's also a place called Betty's on King Street West -- it's not walking distance, but it's a pretty cool joint that earned its name because it was once the site of the Betty Ford Clinic. Another good place is the Upfront on Front Street, about 10 blocks east of Yonge. It's a little set back from the road, and a bit of a hike, but it's an honest place to drink, good food and lotsa TVs.

-- The Hockey Hall of Fame is worth a look.

-- And one my wife and mine favorite places to eat is the Korean Grill House on Queen. You can order all the raw meat you can eat, and sides, for about $20 bucks, and you grill it at your table. Trust me, it's worth it, particularly if you're hungry.

-- There's a couple of good Thai places on Yonge, but I can't remember their names. And there's a fine Japanese restaurant that's relatively inexpensive and the food's good, called Toko Bistro.

The Eaton Centre is big, but it just a mall.

Gretzky's Bar just up the street from Rogers Centre is worth a peek, but I found it expensive.

Best breakfast is Cora's, a chain out of Montreal, but very, very good.

Avoid pizza pizza unless you're drunk.

jw

Walking the Danforth, - Toronto's Greek community,

Little Italy

Royal Ontario Museum

Art Gallery of Ontario

Ontario Science Center

Kensington Market, St. Lawrence Market, China Town

Queens Quay,

Ferry across to Center Island,

Blue Jay Game

Toronto's underground shopping concourse.

Hockey Hall of Fame

Maple Leaf Garden's Loblaws, ( they have turned Gardens into Grocery Store)

Queen Street, Toronto's art community...

much to do and see ,

Horseshoe Tavern as John said, many good places off the Young Street Strip