Chixley

Pilsner

Id say the brass is only as good as their last signing.

The FO can only make a really nice looking roster on paper. It's still up to the players to execute. With the way this offseason is going, the FO looks to be holding up their end and getting the pieces and talent together. If we have a decent draft, I'd say Nix and Whaley have done all they can. Which is way more than we have received in the past. From that point on, it's on the players.

I can't disagree with anything you said, although I would stress coaching plays a huge part. But here's a year old trivia question for ya. In the 2011 NFL draft, what team picked right after us (meaning we could have had their picks)...what was the condition of that team before the draft, how did their first two picks pan out, & how did the team end up last year? Makes one wonder....

I can't disagree with anything you said, although I would stress coaching plays a huge part. But here's a year old trivia question for ya. In the 2011 NFL draft, what team picked right after us (meaning we could have had their picks)...what was the condition of that team before the draft, how did their first two picks pan out, & how did the team end up last year? Makes one wonder....

Yeah, I hear ya, I purposely left out the coaching aspect as it adds a couple paragraphs of grey area that I didnt feel like typing. ;)

The Bengals had very different needs than the Bills. They drafted Offense early and often, and was still carried by their established Defensive players. Going into the draft, our biggest problem was stopping the run and Defense, and that was addressed. This year, the biggest problem was pass rush, and it looks like the FO addressed that as well.

I really dont think drafting a WR, QB, LB and OG through the first 4 rounds helps us as all in 2011.

Yeah, I hear ya, I purposely left out the coaching aspect as it adds a couple paragraphs of grey area that I didnt feel like typing. ;)

The Bengals had very different needs than the Bills. They drafted Offense early and often, and was still carried by their established Defensive players. Going into the draft, our biggest problem was stopping the run and Defense, and that was addressed. This year, the biggest problem was pass rush, and it looks like the FO addressed that as well.

I really dont think drafting a WR, QB, LB and OG through the first 4 rounds helps us as all in 2011.

Yeah...understood. Hey, Dareus was my pick last year with our first pick, & I even stated it on this board. But after the draft I told my buddy..."You'll be hearing a lot of Dalton to Green...this duo is gonna make some noise!" & then it hit me, that we could have had that tandem. It just makes ya wonder, that's all. I don't want to bash the concept of Chix, or Chixey. In fact, I have a lot of confidence in them right now. But I was (like the rest of us) so deflated after last season's crash..I am just so ready to see the the Bills in post season.

It's been so many years of inneptitude that I don't blame fans for a wait and see approach. But just as in investing in the stock market you can't just expect to wait and see before putting forth your lot or you will already have missed the boat. I'm glad to see that I'm amongst a growing contingent of Bills fans who believe that our FO is now legit. Do we all need a playoff game first for confirmation? Or can we already envision it happening. It's quite possible we are witnessing a resurgence of the highest order. From a downtrodden team of the past decade+ to something that is appearing more and more to be a growing, solid, talent infused machine that is being built for several sustained runs at the ultimate goal. With Chixley running the show I'm more optimistic than I've been in a long long time.

The Chixley has this fan believing.

People forget the Bengals won the AFC north the year before. That was a good team that just fell a pat

Before the last season I liked Chan a lot. Great sound bites, creating an offense around the QBs strengths, players buying in. However, Chan fell in love with the passing game and forgot that he had one of the best running back combos in the NFL. He barely used CJ and wore Freddy out. There were multiple games where the Bills had 10-12 carries going into the 4th qtr which is unacceptable. The long throws on 3rd and short drove me nuts too. Chan has a lot to prove this year because 10-22 isn't anything to get excited about.

I could not agree more. In the past two seasons, this team has had losing streaks of 8 and 7 games respectively. In each case, Gailey could not find a way to get them out of their funk. This season the failure was not countering when opposing defenses took away those short slants that were working early in the year. I think they are definitely more entertaining to watch than during the Jauron years, but they haven't shown me the mental toughness when things get difficult. Part of that IMO is coaching. I am looking forward to the season, just like every year, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Edited by xsoldier54

Yeah...understood. Hey, Dareus was my pick last year with our first pick, & I even stated it on this board. But after the draft I told my buddy..."You'll be hearing a lot of Dalton to Green...this duo is gonna make some noise!" & then it hit me, that we could have had that tandem. It just makes ya wonder, that's all. I don't want to bash the concept of Chix, or Chixey. In fact, I have a lot of confidence in them right now. But I was (like the rest of us) so deflated after last season's crash..I am just so ready to see the the Bills in post season.

As you implied, when you pick at #3 you're gonna pass up some great players.

I anticipate having zero regrets for drafting Dareus but that doesn't mean that Green, Peterson, Aldon Smith, etc aren't great football players or wouldn't have been great picks for the Bills.