Chixley

Pilsner

We are seeing and appreciating what Chan and Nix have been doing. But I think Whaley is under appreciated on this board. He is supposedly going to be the GM in time and it's not a stretch to assume that his insight on players is carrying considerable weight.

So I propose the name Chixey (now revised to Chixley due to SJBF's better judgement). I don't see the name actually sticking but I believe Whaley should be getting more recognition than he's been receiving.

On a side note I believe Wanny has been quite the good influence as well but I haven't figured out how to incorporate the Stache into Chix/Chixey.

Edited by Pilsner

We are seeing and appreciating what Chan and Nix have been doing. But I think Whaley is under appreciated on this board. He is supposedly going to be the GM in time and it's not a stretch to assume that his insight on players is carrying considerable weight.

So I propose the name Chixey, even tho it sounds flaming gay. I don't see the name actually sticking but I believe Whaley should be getting more recognition than he's been receiving.

On a side note I believe Wanny has been quite the good influence as well but I haven't figured out how to incorporate the Stache into Chix/Chixey.

Before the last season I liked Chan a lot. Great sound bites, creating an offense around the QBs strengths, players buying in. However, Chan fell in love with the passing game and forgot that he had one of the best running back combos in the NFL. He barely used CJ and wore Freddy out. There were multiple games where the Bills had 10-12 carries going into the 4th qtr which is unacceptable. The long throws on 3rd and short drove me nuts too. Chan has a lot to prove this year because 10-22 isn't anything to get excited about.

So I propose the name Chixey, even tho it sounds flaming gay. I don't see the name actually sticking but I believe Whaley should be getting more recognition than he's been receiving.

Easy! Chixey Stache. Done. :thumbsup:

Id like to leave Whaley as far out of the spotlight as possible. Otherwise, we risk other teams coming in to steal him before Buddy retires. At this point, that is my biggest worry about the team and FO. Not real worried about Ralph passing and the team moving. But real worried we lose Whaley and the future of the team.

Id like to leave Whaley as far out of the spotlight as possible. Otherwise, we risk other teams coming in to steal him before Buddy retires. At this point, that is my biggest worry about the team and FO. Not real worried about Ralph passing and the team moving. But real worried we lose Whaley and the future of the team.

fwiw, you don't have anything to worry about on that account. This transition from Nix to Whaley was set up and understood right from Day 1. Whaley talked about time frames for succession with both the Bills and the Stillers, made his choice and is still happy with it. Buddy likes how things are going and still has a little bit of time left before he rides off; Whaley is cool and recognizes that. He's a patient guy and is not getting antsy by any means. He knows what he has here and is ready to step up, but is not chomping at the bit so hard that he is going to take off and destroy a well-laid plan that is progressing almost exactly as it was intended to.

You can put that worry right out of your head Dr D; even if somebody else came knocking, Whaley has no interest in bailing on what he's building right now.

fwiw, you don't have anything to worry about on that account. This transition from Nix to Whaley was set up and understood right from Day 1. Whaley talked about time frames for succession with both the Bills and the Stillers, made his choice and is still happy with it. Buddy likes how things are going and still has a little bit of time left before he rides off; Whaley is cool and recognizes that. He's a patient guy and is not getting antsy by any means. He knows what he has here and is ready to step up, but is not chomping at the bit so hard that he is going to take off and destroy a well-laid plan that is progressing almost exactly as it was intended to.

You can put that worry right out of your head Dr D; even if somebody else came knocking, Whaley has no interest in bailing on what he's building right now.

Thanks Simon. I do try to keep this all in mind as well. But as we have heard a million times before "It's a business", and as disappointed as I would be, I wouldnt blame Whaley for taking a promotion/raise.

I do believe there is a plan in place, and it is re-assuring. I guess all we can do is keep on BILL-ieving! :thumbsup:

Maybe we should hold off getting all cutesy with them until they get us to the playoffs?

agreed. instead we should focus on getting all cutesy with the defensive line.

i propose "marcellio kymark."

Edited by Dirtbag

So Glory Bound doesn't refer to the Bills?

Indeed it does! I just don't know when. Every year I think it's finally our year! One of these years I'm gonna be right! My point is this: IMO, Just as a quarterback is only as good as his last game, the high brass is only as good as their last season. I just think we should cuddle with them after they show us the baby.

Indeed it does! I just don't know when. Every year I think it's finally our year! One of these years I'm gonna be right! My point is this: IMO, Just as a quarterback is only as good as his last game, the high brass is only as good as their last season. I just think we should cuddle with them after they show us the baby.

Id say the brass is only as good as their last signing.

The FO can only make a really nice looking roster on paper. It's still up to the players to execute. With the way this offseason is going, the FO looks to be holding up their end and getting the pieces and talent together. If we have a decent draft, I'd say Nix and Whaley have done all they can. Which is way more than we have received in the past. From that point on, it's on the players.