Bills Preseason Schedule

boyst

Well at least we'll get to see what RG3 looks like up close and personal.

Lions preseason game as usual... What's that about anyway? Are we contractually forced to play them in preseason every year?

Its all based on cost for the Nfl. Geographically close teams do this yearly in pre-season. The Raiders played the 49ers forever, until last year someone got shot. We used to scrimmage the original Browns every year too.

Lions preseason game as usual... What's that about anyway? Are we contractually forced to play them in preseason every year?

It is a long standing tradition, Bills/Lions have always played a pre-season game (for as long as I can remember). My guess, it has something to do with Mr Wilson's Detroit roots. He was a minority owner of the Lions, before buying the Bills. As was his father, I think.

I think every team in the league has matchups like this every year and only time they dont is when they will face that team in the regular season

Lions are an out of conference opponent and whoever is the away team in this series doesnt have to travel far

Jets play the Giants and Eagles just about every year and the Raiders used to play the 49ers but I think that stopped last year

Edited by Max997

I think every team in the league has matchups like this every year and only time they dont is when they will face that team in the regular season

Lions are an out of conference opponent and whoever is the away team in this series doesnt have to travel far

Jets play the Giants and Eagles just about every year and the Raiders used to play the 49ers but I think that stopped last year

Also, to consider, if I am not mistaken, the specifics of pre-season games are negotiated between the franchises themselves, rather than by the league, as is the regular season. So, it makes sense that some ownership groups are friendlier with eachother than others.

Week 1

vs Washington

Week 2

@ Minnesota

Week 3

vs. Pittsburgh

Week 4

@ Detroit

4-0 BABY!

The so called random league scheduling continues to be a very transparent joke. Can anyone envision rolling Detroit on a die like 30 years in a row?

The so called random league scheduling continues to be a very transparent joke. Can anyone envision rolling Detroit on a die like 30 years in a row?

Are you in full crayonz mode? 0:)

Edited by Buftex

I know, right. Why, Oh Why would we possibly play Detroit every year in a meaningless presason game? It makes me so angry. :devil:

Week 1

vs Washington

Week 2

@ Minnesota

Week 3

vs. Pittsburgh

Week 4

@ Detroit

4-0 BABY!

Strangely I'm less excited for the preseason because I believe they actually have a chance for once in the regular season... For once we don't have to hope 8-9 unknown players can magically become starters during the pre-season...