Impeach the Supreme court for something they haven't done yet?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/03/impeach-the-supreme-court-justices-if-they-overturn-health-care-law.html

"a good chance it will strike down a clearly constitutional law."

So it's judicial activism if they strike it down?

Obama started this preemptive strike against the SCOTUS. Now these free thinkers are piling on.

"A decision striking down the health care law would be a statement that the only people entitled to health care are the people who can afford it."

This bill does not provide health care, it only provides insurance. They still don't know what the issue is.

Edited by Gary M

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously it contravenes Article 2, section .. uhm, you know the one about big free gifts.

You mean the Second Amendment? The right to gun ownership implies a government responsibility to treat gunshot wounds.

Is it me or has the nutty left become even more unhinged since they managed to elect one of their own as President? They don't even bother pretending to be sane anymore.

Ya, what next? Will they start acting like the seriously mentally retarded right wing base and ask for Romney's birth certificate?

Probably not, the left my get sort of hysterical, but they can't touch the right wing on stupidity, craziness or shrillness.

Uh...yeah. What's wrong with that?

Clearly you're a racist, and a heartless one at that. The Constitution guarantees us, as American citizens, a certain minimum lifestyle. Our rights to a comfortable wage, healthcare, a house, a car, an LCD TV, and a smartphone are inalienable under the 5th or 6th amendment (not sure which one, but its in the top ten). Anyone who doubts this wants to kill grandma!

Ya, what next? Will they start acting like the seriously mentally retarded right wing base and ask for Romney's birth certificate?

Probably not, the left my get sort of hysterical, but they can't touch the right wing on stupidity, craziness or shrillness.

Did you hear that Keith Olberman was fired again?

Is this the Current TV firing or has there been another one? Sven has 9 in the pol. He brags forever when he wins.

Uh...yeah. What's wrong with that?

If they change "health care" to "house" then they'd really tick off Barney Frank and then they'd have trouble.

You mean the Second Amendment? The right to gun ownership implies a government responsibility to treat gunshot wounds.

No it's the Second Amendment that implies the government should provide a gun for every citizen. Yeah...that one.

Normally I hate birther, truther, etc. type stuff....but, how many of you think Kagan tipped off Obama about the preliminary vote this past Friday? She was his lawyer after all. It's a dopey claim. I am aware of that. But, the intensity with which Obama has come out on this seems to warrant the question. It could also be a poor attempt at damage control --> nothing like keeping just how badly you, your lawyers, and your policy just got whipped in the news, rather than trying to change the story. Either is plausible. It's not like this WH knows how to handle a crisis properly.

Oh we could do this all day:

"Did you hear shovel-ready jobs weren't ready, because the government regulations you support interminably delayed the shovel selection process?"

Normally I hate birther, truther, etc. type stuff....but, how many of you think Kagan tipped off Obama about the preliminary vote this past Friday? She was his lawyer after all. It's a dopey claim. I am aware of that. But, the intensity with which Obama has come out on this seems to warrant the question. It could also be a poor attempt at damage control --> nothing like keeping just how badly you, your lawyers, and your policy just got whipped in the news, rather than trying to change the story. Either is plausible. It's not like this WH knows how to handle a crisis properly.

Oh we could do this all day:

"Did you hear shovel-ready jobs weren't ready, because the government regulations you support interminably delayed the shovel selection process?"

I doubt Kagan did it but I'm sure in some manner or another Obama knows. At least more than we do.