Syracuse is finally firing Coach P

JarHeadJim

Here you go, this is the part of the article about wanting a coach with NFL experience......

Gross said he is convinced that a coach with NFL experience could do that better than one who lacks it. Pasqualoni, 107-59-1 at SU, never coached in the NFL. Neither did Boise State coach Dan Hawkins, who once coached at Division II University of California-Davis with Gross and is one of the college game's hottest commodities. Ditto Norm Chow, 58, Southern Cal's offensive coordinator and rumored to be a candidate for the SU job.

"Ummm . . . Norm is a great friend and a terrific coach and all those things," Gross said. "We've obviously joked about that in a friendly manner but, hey, Norm is part of the USC family. They're down at the Orange Bowl preparing, and he's going to be a Trojan, and that's where he should be.

"I have no intention of having to go into where I was and pull people out of coaching to come do what we need to do here at Syracuse. There are some great candidates out there, folks, and we can do a lot of great things here at Syracuse, and we're going to get started."

Gross said the process would begin in Miami, where he was headed following Wednesday's news conference to be with the Trojans as they prepare for a Tuesday date vs. Oklahoma in the title game. He refused to speculate on candidates Wednesday and declined to say whether he even had a short list yet.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I was just kidding when I said Romeo Crennell -- rumors out of NE say that the Browns would love to hire him. Saints may be interested too.

Forget Butch Davis. He is going to sit on his arse next year, collect millions from the Browns, then cherrypick from next year's openings.