Tampa Bay 4, Washington 2

I take it from the rampant pessimism I've heard that Washington has the tiebreaker?

I really don't believe in tie breakers. I think over the course of a 82 game season, the value of a point is the same no matter how acquired. How can you eliminate a team just by using a stat? They should play a one game playoff like baseball does.

Wow!! That tying goal was crazy. Foligno is the man.

Game on Caps!

You're an idiot.

Thankfully. :w00t:

How's that --- the post I responded to requested no 3d period drama! :lol:

Edited by KD in CT

So, Florida got a point tonight and are four in front - if we win two and they lose two, we should have the tiebreaker over them via regulations wins, right?

That's how I heard it on WGR. You still want them to beat the Caps though (and they have something to play for now).

Thanks. Just let's not have a friggin three point game between those two teams. They have to fix the point system.

It seems to me that the Sabres are playing two teams who will be in playoff prep mode, and I would think will sit some players. I would think the Flyers wouldn't even mind losing, and hope the Devils catch them, so they don't have to play Pittsburgh in the first round.

Thanks. Just let's not have a friggin three point game between those two teams. They have to fix the point system.

It seems to me that the Sabres are playing two teams who will be in playoff prep mode, and I would think will sit some players. I would think the Flyers wouldn't even mind losing, and hope the Devils catch them, so they don't have to play Pittsburgh in the first round.

Amen.

Other good news is Vancouver won last night so they are now tied with the Rangers for the Presidents Cup. Let's hope the Rangers have something to play for on Saturday vs. the Caps.