Brock Lesnar: His Next Stop

ajzepp

According to www.wrestlinginc.com, Lesnar signed a one year contract with Vince McMahon last night and will be signed through Wrestlemania 29 in 2013.

Tonight I decided to order the Wrestlemania PPV since I had some friends coming over, and I have to say it was a lot of fun. The scene in Miami (Dolphins Stadium) was pretty impressive and it brought back memories of the last time I saw a Wresltlemania live on PPV, which would have been back at WM IV. I can't believe it's been over 20 years...time flies!

Anyway, Lesnar is not far removed from the height of his popularity, even though his UFC stint didn't go quite as well as he'd hoped. That being said, it was more successful than his time with the Vikings. This should be a pretty big boost for the WWE.

PS. For those few who are wondering about tonight's main event, I would actually have to say it lived up to the hype. The Rock v. Cena match and the Undertaker v. Triple H were both pretty entertaining.

Edited by ajzepp

I used to watch Wrestlmania when I was younger and I could stream it live on the internet for half the price at the WWE's website. I stopped once they changed it and started charging just as much to watch it online as on PPV.

I used to be a big fan and saw some live events a few years ago but I haven't watched it much since.

Every so often I can tune in, but most of it turns me away at this point. Still, I was tempted to check it out this weekend just for nostalgia's sake in seeing the Undertaker probably calling it a career.

I used to watch Wrestlmania when I was younger and I could stream it live on the internet for half the price at the WWE's website. I stopped once they changed it and started charging just as much to watch it online as on PPV.

I used to be a big fan and saw some live events a few years ago but I haven't watched it much since.

It's definitely pricey...if it was just me I would have found it online somewhere to satisfy my interest, but since there was a small group, one of whom was a huge wrestling fan (he even brought his replica belt and video game yesterday lol) I went ahead and dropped some green. I honestly would have loved to be there live...it was a very impressive scene

Every so often I can tune in, but most of it turns me away at this point. Still, I was tempted to check it out this weekend just for nostalgia's sake in seeing the Undertaker probably calling it a career.

I only saw clips from last year's match, but I heard that UT was physically unable to really complete the match. I figured maybe this year it would be the same, but honestly the guy looked much leaner and faster. He held up pretty well, especially given the intensity of the match. He looks long in the tooth, of course, but physically he was in about as good of shape as you could have expected...I was entertained by the match. There was one sequence where Shawn Michaels (referee) hit him with a kick to the face, and then as the UT was stumbling backward HHH went for his finisher....UT kicked out and the crowd went nuts. For a loosely choreographed form of entertainment, I have to give them credit for the way they allow you to suspend your disbelief at times. It was a cool sequence, I thought.

Lesner wrestled (real wrestling) at the University of Minnesota. :)

I read an interview with McMahon once where he was talking about how much he loved legit athletes entering the WWE. Lesnar, Angle, and even a guy like Ron Simmons before them.

I only saw clips from last year's match, but I heard that UT was physically unable to really complete the match. I figured maybe this year it would be the same, but honestly the guy looked much leaner and faster. He held up pretty well, especially given the intensity of the match. He looks long in the tooth, of course, but physically he was in about as good of shape as you could have expected...I was entertained by the match. There was one sequence where Shawn Michaels (referee) hit him with a kick to the face, and then as the UT was stumbling backward HHH went for his finisher....UT kicked out and the crowd went nuts. For a loosely choreographed form of entertainment, I have to give them credit for the way they allow you to suspend your disbelief at times. It was a cool sequence, I thought.

That's a sure sign you're watching one of the best. If they can get that kind of reaction from a crowd even though every single person knows who will win, they're doing something right.

That's a sure sign you're watching one of the best. If they can get that kind of reaction from a crowd even though every single person knows who will win, they're doing something right.

Totally agree. I have to give the crowd credit, cause being an outdoor stadium it wasn't always easy to hear the crowd reaction. I had hooked up some small speakers of good quality to help give it more of that live feel, and there were times when all 78k people were just going apesh*t. One of the most interesting aspects to the night was the John Cena response. I've been watching - either from a distance or up close - the WWE since I was about 10 years old, and I don't ever remember another wrestler where literally half the crowd loved them and half hated them. The closest examples I can think of were Flair, Piper and Savage...but typically they were black and white in terms of their good guy/bad guy status. But Cena has a lot of gray area to his persona, and I think it's hilarious how the crowd is pretty much split down the middle on the guy.

I read an interview with McMahon once where he was talking about how much he loved legit athletes entering the WWE. Lesnar, Angle, and even a guy like Ron Simmons before them.

Angle, believe it or not, is easily in the top 5 wrestlers of all time - real wrestling, both Greco and Folk. Some arguments can be made he is the best.

Angle, believe it or not, is easily in the top 5 wrestlers of all time - real wrestling, both Greco and Folk. Some arguments can be made he is the best.

I'm trying to think of any top tier athlete right now who was able to cross into the world of entertainment and be as good as he was. His athletic ability was never in question, but he was also ridiculously amazing at the character side of things as well.

I wish I would have seen more of him during the olympics...I had just returned to school FT in early '96 and was working FT at night, so I missed most of those games unfortunately. But yeah, I've heard others say exactly what you said...that he's one of the best amateur/Olympic wrestlers ever.

I'm trying to think of any top tier athlete right now who was able to cross into the world of entertainment and be as good as he was. His athletic ability was never in question, but he was also ridiculously amazing at the character side of things as well.

I haven't seen him since he went to TNA, but there were many times when he had me rollin' with his character. The whole "three Is" gimmick was great...it's true...oh it's damn true.

I remember Angle's first pro wrestling match on TV. He grabbed a mic mid-match and yelled: "You don't boo an Olympic gold medalist!" The crowd turned on him so fast and I said to my friend: "He's going to be a big star."

I haven't seen him since he went to TNA, but there were many times when he had me rollin' with his character. The whole "three Is" gimmick was great...it's true...oh it's damn true.

He's been great in just about every role. And just like you, I only watched his WWE stuff. My favorite was when he was a bit of a bumbling idiot, when he and Stone Cold were paired up as heels. The stuff from the 2 minute mark on in this video is what I always remember the most.

I remember Angle's first pro wrestling match on TV. He grabbed a mic mid-match and yelled: "You don't boo an Olympic gold medalist!" The crowd turned on him so fast and I said to my friend: "He's going to be a big star."

And it was so fast too. I don't remember many careers taking off as quickly as his did.

He's been great in just about every role. And just like you, I only watched his WWE stuff. My favorite was when he was a bit of a bumbling idiot, when he and Stone Cold were paired up as heels. The stuff from the 2 minute mark on in this video is what I always remember the most.

Weird seeing him with hair again...those were the days when it seemed like he was really having fun with it...he was great lol

According to www.wrestlinginc.com, Lesnar signed a one year contract with Vince McMahon last night and will be signed through Wrestlemania 29 in 2013.

Tonight I decided to order the Wrestlemania PPV since I had some friends coming over, and I have to say it was a lot of fun. The scene in Miami (Dolphins Stadium) was pretty impressive and it brought back memories of the last time I saw a Wresltlemania live on PPV, which would have been back at WM IV. I can't believe it's been over 20 years...time flies!

Anyway, Lesnar is not far removed from the height of his popularity, even though his UFC stint didn't go quite as well as he'd hoped. That being said, it was more successful than his time with the Vikings. This should be a pretty big boost for the WWE.

PS. For those few who are wondering about tonight's main event, I would actually have to say it lived up to the hype. The Rock v. Cena match and the Undertaker v. Triple H were both pretty entertaining.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Kerbey1500/JLijS.gif Edited by Rico