Aaahhhh! Threads keep disappearing!!!!

theesir

Sometimes the best of intentions don't go as planned.

182800[/snapback]

It was a noble idea but as I stated in my post its hard to define the limits of whats acceptable. My view is if someone wants to be a jackass than let the rest of the board give them what they deserve. Maybe all we need to do is try to avoid the personal attacks.

Thanks to whichever Admin it was for stepping up! ;)

182799[/snapback]

Yeah, an admin creates a thread then doesn't like the direction it goes and POOF, it disappears. Whatever. There are threads upon threads of people threatening physical violence to others and threads with racist, bigoted sh-- in them...yet they are all okay...yet if someone jumps on an admin for being a douche, buh-bye thread.

I'm sure this thread will disappear too.

Yeah, an admin creates a thread then doesn't like the direction it goes and POOF, it disappears.  Whatever.  There are threads upon threads of people threatening physical violence to others and threads with racist, bigoted sh-- in them...yet they are all okay...yet if someone jumps on an admin for being a douche, buh-bye thread.

182812[/snapback]

;)

(Oh crap I didn't contribute anything, guess I'm banned now too)

Maybe all we need to do is try to avoid the personal attacks.

182811[/snapback]

Exactly. The personal attacks ad-nauseum are 100x worse than any harmless nonsense someone posts. If you're gonna ban anyone, ban those who attack.

It was a noble idea but as I stated in my post its hard to define the limits of whats acceptable.  My view is if someone wants to be a jackass than let the rest of the board give them what they deserve.  Maybe all we need to do is try to avoid the personal attacks.

182811[/snapback]

The board itself advocates personal attacks. Just look at the smilies. Somehow if you type out the word f-u-c-k y-o-u the board censors it yet at the same time the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: is right there for the clicking. So I guess it’s the letters of the word that are offensive and not the sentiment.

I’m not advocating taking the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: off the board, I’m just tired of the hypocrisy. Soon someone is going to be banned for using the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smilie.

Yeah, an admin creates a thread then doesn't like the direction it goes and POOF, it disappears.  Whatever.  There are threads upon threads of people threatening physical violence to others and threads with racist, bigoted sh-- in them...yet they are all okay...yet if someone jumps on an admin for being a douche, buh-bye thread.

182812[/snapback]

That issue has been dealt with.

And FYI, I created the thread with the best of intentions. I also deleted it.

Exactly. The personal attacks ad-nauseum are 100x worse than any harmless nonsense someone posts. If you're gonna ban anyone, ban those who attack.

182817[/snapback]

I don't think that there are many who wouldn't stand behind this. You can't control people having dumb opinions, but there is no need for personal attacks.

The board itself advocates personal attacks.  Just look at the smilies.  Somehow if you type out the word f-u-c-k y-o-u the board censors it yet at the same time the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: is right there for the clicking.  So I guess it’s the letters of the word that are offensive and not the sentiment.

I’m not advocating taking the  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  off the board, I’m just tired of the hypocrisy.  Soon someone is going to be banned for using the  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smilie.

182820[/snapback]

I'm actually more concerned that if they keep deleting threads, the only thing left will be BF's "Here's What I'm Thinking" threads, and since they have all the creativity of a bunch of dogs barking "Jingle Bells," I'm hoping we can get some more diversity.

I'm actually more concerned that if they keep deleting threads, the only thing left will be BF's "Here's What I'm Thinking" threads, and since they have all the creativity of a bunch of dogs barking "Jingle Bells," I'm hoping we can get some more diversity.

182827[/snapback]

Yeah...where's a good "Bledsoe sucks, here's why" thread when we need it... ;)