Bus out of Sundays game as well?

gordon_g

Per KFFL.....

Steelers to be Limited During Week 17

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher isn't saying QB Ben Roethlisberger (ribs) is out for Week 17, but he will not play during the team's Week 17 game due to bruised rib cartilage. He will not play until the team returns from their first-round Bye Week during the playoffs. Cowher said Roethlisberger will try to throw the football Wednesday, Dec. 29. "We'll see where he is at the end of the week," Cowher said.

QB Tommy Maddox is expected to start during Week 17, replacing injured Roethlisberger during the game.

RB Jerome Bettis (ankle) is doubtful for Week 17, but he will be available for the team's first playoff game. He is dealing with a sprained ankle.

RB Duce Staley (hamstring) is questionable for Week 17, but he may return to the starting lineup during the game while sharing some action with RBs Verron Haynes and Willie Parker.

My take is that you will not see much if any of the bus. You will probably get a healthy dose of Verron Haynes and a little Duce thrown in there to shake some rust off. Otherwise it will be Willie Parker as the 3rd down option. Verron had 61 yrds on 8 carries against the ratbirds last week. With our OL we could stick just about anyone back there and still get some yards.

Tiger - you hit the nail on the head 100%. Although I don't think the steelers are going to lie down on this one. I would think that Cowher wants to be 15-1 (franchise record) and also wants to beat Mularky and Donahue.