Bills Mafia Has Players Bill-ieving

dcjoev

Your link was removed, as you were asked explicitly not to promote your external interests without being an established member of our community. The BR url is one major step closer to being filtered out permanently, due to the inability of their "writers" to respect the guidelines of our community.

BTW, nice research on an article about #BillsMafia that didn't actually include contacting #BillsMafia...

#werelegithonestwearepleasejustclickonourshitty57pageslideshowscausewerebetterthanespnpleasepasstheretatta

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your link was removed, as you were asked explicitly not to promote your external interests without being an established member of our community. The BR url is one major step closer to being filtered out permanently, due to the inability of their "writers" to respect the guidelines of our community.

BTW, nice research on an article about #BillsMafia that didn't actually include contacting #BillsMafia...

#werelegithonestwearepleasejustclickonourshitty57pageslideshowscausewerebetterthanespnpleasepasstheretatta

you're my hero.

the wind beneath my wings.

i can fly higher then an eagle.

I really like the whole BillsMafia concept. I have nothing against rock music or any other genre but I gotta say I grew up listening to hip hop and I'm "for" any type of movement that includes the words, swag and Buffalo Bills in the same sentence. We're building a very unique team and hopefully it will translate into excitement and good results come September. Though I didn't like the Buffalo's back rap. I could have done better.

Also, I don't know how to feel about the whole wearing suits to a football game thing. I guess if you want to show the players to recognize where you're seated then it's a cool thing but there's no way in hell I'm dressing up to watch a football game that's for sure.

Hate is a strong word. It's already in play. Players on the team already use it in tweets so it's set in stone.

I meant it. I don't tweet, so I guess I could really care less about all that. But calling on the Bills Mafia is about as cheesy as the whammy wienie. It doesn't reflect the players, the coach, the organization or the city.

Have fun with it. If it goes national, it will be embarrassing for most us.

You're welcome, my friend. I wrote a reply earlier in this thread about why I used the slide show format for this article. I really try hard not to use them often, because they drive me nuts too. Fortunately, I had a lot of info to cover, so each slide is longer than your typical sentence or two that seem commonplace in slideshows these days.

I'd also like you to know that I used a re-edit Sunday evening to add a response from this thread. The feedback from The Stadium Wall crew has been tremendous and they deserve some props. I also provide a link in the story to Pittsburgh's "Steel City Mafia" which was started by a group of Steeler fans from Tennessee a few years back.

not going to lie, i know you need to get clicks but replies like this leave a sour taste in my mouth (beyond the mis-information, and lack of research issue that has been covered pretty squarely - it happens to the best even).

Im not an admin or any authority, but if you are going to re-edit and use a quote from the board and advertise you added a stadium wall quote, just tell us what it is here. dont try to make every poster go over all ten pages again to see if it was them that you added. as much as i want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are really trying to mesh in with the community.... it gets more and more like you are hunting for clicks as things go. it could be that you dont realize how it reads to some in your audience, but its just re-enforcing some of my negativity towards bleacher. clicks are kings and information is secondary over there.

just something to think about, like i said, im not authority by any stretch (though it sounds like SDS is feeling the same way, based on the last few interactions). personally, id prefer you just come to the board and talk to us, and occasionally share something youve researched more extensively. start a thread with your "article" and then discuss the topic and evolution on this side instead of sending us to it again to get your updates.

Edited by NoSaint

Dear SDS:

I was very disappointed to receive your response about my post from last weekend and would like to clear up a few things that I think have been misunderstood and misconstrued.

First and foremost, I've been a devoted follower of Two Bills Drive and The Stadium Wall for most of the past decade. And although you claim that I am not an "established member", I registered for that status a couple of years ago. I currently live in Washington, DC, but I'm far from a bandwagoner or fair-weathered fan. In fact, I'm a native Rochesterian and have lived and breathed the Bills since the early 1970's. As a loyal fan, I've stuck with the organization through good times and bad. I follow them online, I visit their summer training camp, I pay for the team's merchandise, and I attend games as often as I can.

Please understand that I'm not going to question the rules of your Forum and I will refrain from posting any further links to my columns. But I don't appreciate your attempt to make me look like a fool in front of fellow members, especially when those same members were enjoying a spirited exchange of opinions, on a topic that merited discussion. If you asked me privately to explain some of the things that you threw me under the bus for, you'd find that you jumped the gun on many of them.

I'd like to point out that I have never had the intention of coming on this board to shamelessly self-promote my content. In my original post, I made it abundantly clear that I don't "fish for clicks" and I'm offended by the accusation. Why don't I fish for clicks? Well, as I've already said, "I can care less about them" and I am more than willing to elaborate on it.

First of all, I served as a professional journalist for seven years. I was a credentialed media member for three NFL franchises and can tell you that I was treated with a lot more respect then I've received here. Now-a-days, I CONTRIBUTE to BR because I enjoy writing and responding to feedback through social media (nothing more and nothing less). I'm not competing against anyone and I'm not interested in doing so for a living.

Second of all, I don't get paid a single cent by BR to write articles about teams that I'm passionate about. And when I do publish information or my opinion on the Bills, I take time out my day and away from my family to put my heart and soul into it.

Like any respectable writer, I also take responsibility for my mistakes. In this very case, I learned that a source I used for the piece was inaccurate. But in no way does it mean that I failed to conduct the appropriate research. I courtesy every one of my sources, but sometimes they turn out to be wrong. It's unfortunate, but it happens to journalists from time to time. My intention was to simply provide readers with the history behind a new Bills fan group, while describing the meaning of its "movement" and the momentum and excitement that it has generated for the team and its fans. I obviously had no idea that it would be a "crime" to do so, but it sure feels like I'm being punished for one.

Finally, I'd like to once again defend the company I write for. Readers and non-readers of BR are free to express their opinions and you most certainly have. But I don't see why there was a need to come up with an elaborate hastag to diss my work and the work of my colleagues.

All anyone has to do is Google BR, to find out that they're being taken very seriously in the media world. I'll illustrate it for you:

On February 12, BR announced the launch of new YouTube Channels for digital video content. I'm not promoting it. I'm just stating the facts.

BR recently raised $22 million in venture capital, which puts the grand total for BR at $40.5 million. The company behind the latest investment is well-respected and has invested in established companies like the Huffington Post and Demand Media.

BR's CEO previously held executive leadership roles at Fox Sports and Yahoo Sports.

BR features a state-of-the-art, open-source publishing platform that allows amateur and professional writers to be as creative as they want to be. It also includes a social media feedback system that we are urged to respond to. Readers often make comments and we take the time to answer them. As for slide shows, I've explained my feelings about them and I agree with many posters who find them to be annoying. But I create slide shows when I choose to publish more elaborate content (i.e videos, headers, etc). If readers don't like them, they're under no obligation to sift through the slides.

And contrary to what some believe, BR HAS become "legit" in four short years and continues to take a serious amount of readers away from large, nationally syndicated sports sites. In no way, does BR claim to be better, but the numbers don't lie and highly regarded media outlets are sharing them with the public.

So, I'm sorry to disagree with you. BR is far from a bunch of "kids in their underwear", banging away on their laptops in Mommy and Daddy's basement. It's true that the company doesn't discriminate, but it also doesn't accept every column that's sent in. I personally had to submit five articles that were screened by editors, before I gained publishing status. And like any business that's growing, BR is now looking for the best and brightest of writers to contribute. Some of them will even be paid, but ONLY AFTER taking free writing courses through BR and submitting a strong portfolio.

BR may always have its share of critics, but to me, it's a wonderful place to boast about my favorite team, just like thousands of fans do every day on The Stadium Wall. If my passion for the Bills isn't welcome here, I'll accept it, but I will sure as hell be surprised. A Buffalo fan shunned by his own? That's shocking to me and flies in the face of everything the Bills stand for. I have no external interests, other than witnessing a return to glory for my favorite NFL team. And I don't have to be a member of any movement or any group to do that.

Edited by dcjoev

Dear SDS:...

I work hard to make sure I don't click on links that are obviously just fishing for hits. Lord knows we've seen enough of it. For what it's worth, I appreciated you being upfront and honest in the original post, and had no problem going forward and reading your article. Unless there is a history I'm not aware of, you're most likely catching the fire of a number of slimeballs before you. Just my 2 cents, but I'm no one. Good luck!

The board is for posting that type of story. I am not sure what Bleacher Report is for based on numerous articles, including yours. I am glad you draw more traffic to their 44mm venture fund business with a big time CEO and all we have is lil ole SDS who does this for his real love of football...and Beerball. We are a true fan site. If that is not enough for you then its not my place to say anything else.

Suggestion. Post some stuff, research, share with us.

I work hard to make sure I don't click on links that are obviously just fishing for hits. Lord knows we've seen enough of it. For what it's worth, I appreciated you being upfront and honest in the original post, and had no problem going forward and reading your article. Unless there is a history I'm not aware of, you're most likely catching the fire of a number of slimeballs before you. Just my 2 cents, but I'm no one. Good luck!

There was some hashing out and a request not to push his "articles" within just the last few weeks.