Will Obamacare Decision Leak?

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will we know the Justices' votes before the end of June?

• Yes, Friday's votes will be leaked.
    • No, Friday's votes will not be leaked.

No.

Supreme Court Justices are appointed for life. Therefore they don't have the same partisan need to spin and campaign as the President, Senators, or Congress Critters.

In the past there's been a leak or two but for the most part they've been pretty buttoned up and respect tradition and protocol.

If the decision leaks and there is an effort to swing a vote one way or the other ahead of the official announcement, then it's proof that the 3rd and final branch of Government has been corrupted and we need to reboot America

Supreme Court Justices are appointed for life. Therefore they don't have the same partisan need to spin and campaign as the President, Senators, or Congress Critters.

I'm not suggesting they'd do it for themselves. I'm suggesting they'd do it for people to whom they're loyal. Hypothetical: Kagan/Obama. For example, Obama doing damage control now, versus the end of June would be quite a boon for him.

If the decision leaks and there is an effort to swing a vote one way or the other ahead of the official announcement, then it's proof that the 3rd and final branch of Government has been corrupted and we need to reboot America

But then, these are extraordinary times/circumstances. We have a justice who was neck deep in primping a law over which she's now presiding. How she wasn't "forced" to recuse herself is beyond me. If that happened, anything can happen.

In the past there's been a leak or two but for the most part they've been pretty buttoned up and respect tradition and protocol.

Sadly, I do believe that we are sinking to new lows under this administration, and think anything is possible. Last time a leak occurred was 1986 -- meaning there is precedence. I hope you're right; I fully believe it will be struck down completely, and the timing will be on the side of the Right.

That would minimize Obama's "legacy" to "great teleprompter reader."

I'm not suggesting they'd do it for themselves. I'm suggesting they'd do it for people to whom they're loyal. Hypothetical: Kagan/Obama. For example, Obama doing damage control now, versus the end of June would be quite a boon for him.

I misunderstood the premise of this thread, pondering if the decision would be leaked to the public.

I have little doubt that President Obama has been informed of the decision and The People's Party is planning their November strategy accordingly

Sadly, I do believe that we are sinking to new lows under this administration, and think anything is possible.

The Titanic struck the iceberg long ago. This administration is just like Kevin Bacon in Animal Farm shouting ALL IS WELL!!! Meanwhile the stewards are stuffing their bags full of silverware while the band plays on

Last time a leak occurred was 1986 -- meaning there is precedence.

1986? So if something does leak they can blame Reagan

That would minimize Obama's "legacy" to "great teleprompter reader."

When Obama leaves office in 2017, he should donate TOTUS to the Smithsonian