Another Democrat embarrassment

Top local Democrat Jill Harvey accused of shoplifting in Syracuse

Harvey was allegedly caught on a surveillance video taking several bottles of hair products as well as a bracelet and placing them in a bag. She was confronted by Industry manager, Christopher Christman, who called police the next day .

Christman told CNY Central's Jim Kenyon that when he confronted Harvey, she at first denied she was stealing, but tried to take back the products she had allegedly taken. Christman says since he pressed charges, he's been contacted by the Onondaga County District Attorney's office. He says he's also been contacted by the White House and has been told Federal officials may subpoena the surveillance video.

Top local Democrat Jill Harvey accused of shoplifting in Syracuse

Harvey was allegedly caught on a surveillance video taking several bottles of hair products as well as a bracelet and placing them in a bag. She was confronted by Industry manager, Christopher Christman, who called police the next day .

Christman told CNY Central's Jim Kenyon that when he confronted Harvey, she at first denied she was stealing, but tried to take back the products she had allegedly taken. Christman says since he pressed charges, he's been contacted by the Onondaga County District Attorney's office. He says he's also been contacted by the White House and has been told Federal officials may subpoena the surveillance video.

I doubt the White House will get involved unless Jill looks like she could be Obama's aunt or something. This sounds more like a job for Eric Holder and the Oppressed Shoplifter Division of the Department of Justice.

Oh, no, see you don't vote for her, she was appointed by Obama....

Harvey was appointed to the post by President Obama in 2009.

So in other words, you'll never see this story mentioned outside of CNY.

I sure hope Obama calls her to make her feel better. She must be kinda down right now.

So in other words, you'll never see this story mentioned outside of CNY.

I sure hope Obama calls her to make her feel better. She must be kinda down right now.

She's an innocent victim of the right. Cue the Representatives bringing bottles of Head & Shoulders on to the House floor in 3...2...1...

When, oh when, will the GOP stop politicizing shoplifting ?

I think we should just shave her head and remove any need for hair products to begin with.

Oh, and yeah, Obama should fire her ass.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

I think we should just shave her head and remove any need for hair products to begin with.

Oh, and yeah, Obama should fire her ass.

Fire her? Hell no, he'll promote her to head up the new Fast and Furious Shoplifting Division at DoJ. Either that or he sees hope for her in Procurement.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Fire her? Hell no, he'll promote her to head up the new Fast and Furious Shoplifting Division at DoJ. Either that or he sees hope for her in Procurement.

Procurement? If she's trying to get stuff for free, how's she qualified to purchase stuff at a 250% markup?

My Assemblywoman , Mary Hayashi (a dem of course), was caught shoplifting $2500 of clothes from Nieman-Marcus at Union Square in SF. A clerk had said that a dress had disappeared a few weeks earlier when a woman tried it on. When Hayashi came in again, she told security and they followed her with the cameras. They caught her and it was a felony charge. Big surprise, here hubby is a judge and the charges were reduced to plain shoplifting. She paid $150, three years probation and has to stay at least 50 ft from the store. She gets to serve out her term because she is termed out in November. She is still thinking of running for the House of Representatives.

Procurement? If she's trying to get stuff for free, how's she qualified to purchase stuff at a 250% markup?

The markup happens after the procurement. There is a new standard. Geting something for free isn't getting something for nothing. Free means getting it for what it should cost and then the 250% markup covers the shipping cost.

The White House called.....of course they did :w00t:. Actually, :wallbash:. We're now into "how much damage is this guy gonna do" territory.

This has been the biggest week of idiocy for this Administration, or the last one(a feat thought impossible to surpass), so why wouldn't they inquire about a task for the local sheriff to finish the week off in style? If Obama had a white aunt....oh wait, doesn't he? Does she look like this lady? :lol:

And, if I may be so bold, where's the standard rush to judgement? Why isn't this lady guilty as charged too? Is no one else looking forward to a beer summit at the hair stylist's shop? :lol:

Seriously, it's getting to the point where I am unsure if we can make it to November. There's no way in hell you call this hair guy from a WH phone. Not smart enough to hire a lawyer to do it? Come on, man. Talk about demeaning the office. If this is how we handle this, how are we handling China?

What happens when the office holder himself doesn't show any respect for the office? Should we still hold ourselves to that standard? I suppose we should...but man, this guy goes out of his way to make it difficult.

Update : USDA official in Syracuse placed on leave after being charged with shoplifting

Jill Harvey, a top U.S. Department of Agriculture official in Syracuse and a former aide to Sen. Charles Schumer, was placed on paid administrative leave Friday after facing a shoplifting charge, according to Syracuse police and a USDA spokesman.

Her salary in 2010 was $125,100, according to list of federal salaries posted online by the Asbury Park Press.