Chandler Jones

Chandler Jones in the 2nd round if he is still on the board? i watched a little bit of him in Syracuse he is a good DE with all the physical traits u would want, lots of heart high motor guy and comes from a family of stud athletes,

i know we have bigger needs here like OLB but if we take a LT or WR in the first he is worth a look but i think we still go with the best player available in a position of need

for what its worth, I grew up with his older brothers (both phenemonel professional athletes) and the Jones work ethic is superb...never knew Chandler though, but im sure the apple does not fall far from the tree....2nd round though? I thought he was graded at 3rd or 4th but I guess if the GM is confident then who cares about "grades"....

for what its worth, I grew up with his older brothers (both phenemonel professional athletes) and the Jones work ethic is superb...never knew Chandler though, but im sure the apple does not fall far from the tree....2nd round though? I thought he was graded at 3rd or 4th but I guess if the GM is confident then who cares about "grades"....

last i heard he was shooting up the draft boards and possibly into the late first round

last i heard he was shooting up the draft boards and possibly into the late first round

Kinda doubt it...Though I really like the Kid and I may be his older brothers biggest fan... :thumbsup:

That being said I REALLY doubt The Bills go DE early...They may address further depth on the D-Line later on (maybe the 4th or later)...But the pressing needs on this Team are pretty obvious now...And I'm sure they'll be expecting the 2nd Round Pick to come in and contribute quickly...I doubt Jones would bring that to The Bills in 2012...Just my opinion though... B-)

I'm not sure Chandler Jones is an ideal fit for our new 4-3 defense. He's 6'5" - around 270 lbs., but looks like he could stack on another 20 or so lbs. as hes a pretty lean looking guy now. I've seen him projected ideally as a 5-technique in a 3-4 defense.

My final point is Chandler Jones doesn't have good speed coming off the edge. He clocked in around 4.83 in the 40 yard dash at the Combine. With the signings of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, I think the Bills have shown they covet speed at the DE position. Both Anderson and Williams were 4.6 ish 40 yard guys in the Combine, so quite a bit speedier compared to chandler Jones.

Chandler Jones had 10 sacks in 3 years at Syracuse, which isn't very many. I think 3-4 teams will take a good look at him in the 50-100 range, but I just don't see where he fits in our D.

Kinda doubt it...Though I really like the Kid and I may be his older brothers biggest fan... :thumbsup:

That being said I REALLY doubt The Bills go DE early...They may address further depth on the D-Line later on (maybe the 4th or later)...But the pressing needs on this Team are pretty obvious now...And I'm sure they'll be expecting the 2nd Round Pick to come in and contribute quickly...I doubt Jones would bring that to The Bills in 2012...Just my opinion though... B-)

everyone who grew up with him in Endicott says your wrong : )

but keep that support coming b/c he is the TRUTH (I assume your talking Jonny and not Art haha)

It is kind of strange. But that's what the combine does.

Yes. But I think it is really more of a media/internet creation. I don't think team's boards change that much. I doubt that players "shoot up" a team's board.

That to me would be in indication that they did not do their scouting job correctly over that past year or more. It is more likely that players drop because of off field incidents, medical tests, interviews, attitudes, etc.

I'm just not buying the concept of shooting up draft boards.

Yes. But I think it is really more of a media/internet creation. I don't think team's boards change that much. I doubt that players "shoot up" a team's board.

That to me would be in indication that they did not do their scouting job correctly over that past year or more. It is more likely that players drop because of off field incidents, medical tests, interviews, attitudes, etc.

I'm just not buying the concept of shooting up draft boards.

I could see players "shooting up draft boards" in the respect that the media is finally uncovering information from teams front offices about players they like that the media had previously "underrated".....so they would be shooting up the media/draft pundits draft boards when in reality they have been high on teams draft boards all along (and the media is of course, late in discovering this/reporting this, hence the "shooting up draft boards")....