Leftist Hatchet Job Fail!

Dante

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dark clouds hanging over Rush Limbaugh appear to be lifting.

Exactly one month after the conservative radio host sparked outrage by calling Georgetown law-school student Sandra Fluke “a slut” and “a prostitute” in a three-day diatribe, stations are standing by him, advertisers are trickling back to his program and the news media have moved on….

“The objective has been to show that there are real consequences when someone like Mr. Limbaugh or his company shows no accountability for his actions,” says Angelo Carusone, who has been leading the anti-Limbaugh efforts for Media Matters for America, a Washington organization. “That is continuing.”

At the same time, however, Carusone acknowledged that outrage is hard to sustain. “I think certainly the pressure has been reduced,” he said. “To a certain extent, that’s okay and acceptable. . . . Obviously, the intensity is gone, but the engagement remains high.” …

Limbaugh’s advertising losses may have been less than media accounts suggested. While more than 100 advertisers told Premiere that they didn’t want to be associated with “controversial” radio programs of any kind in the wake of the flap, some of these companies weren’t regular Limbaugh sponsors in the first place.

“Contrary to the wishful thinking of the professional special interest groups, reports of sponsors fleeing the ‘Rush Limbaugh Show’ are grossly exaggerated. In fact, the program retains virtually of all its long-term sponsors who continue to have great success” with the show, saidRachel Nelson, spokeswoman for Premiere.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/03/29/washington-post-limbaugh-sees-heat-over-comments-turn-down-simmer#ixzz1qYQRPDzK

Carusone said most of the advertiser exodus over the past month appeared to be among companies whose ads aired only in regional or local markets, he said.

Even the hope of Mike Huckabee replacing Rush on Cumulus-owned stations has fizzled:

Expectations that a weakened Limbaugh could be bumped by a new program hosted by former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee ® have also not materialized. None of Limbaugh’s many affiliates have said they’ll move him from his midday time slot in favor of Huckabee.

The Twitter and social media war launched by Media Matters in coordination with so-called “independent” groups has been reduced to a few dead-enders going after small advertisers in small markets, hoping to find someone, anyone, they can bully.

Trickling back? That's an understatement:

On Monday, the 600 or so radio stations that air Limbaugh’s program were told by his syndicator, Premiere Radio Networks, to resume running “barter” ads during his program. Stations are required to run these ads in exchange for paying discounted fees to Premiere to air Limbaugh’s show. Premiere, which is owned by radio giant Clear Channel Communications, had suspended the “barter” requirement for two weeks in a move widely seen as a way to give advertisers a chance to lie low while Limbaugh was in the news.

Newsbusters

Edited by B-Man

Nobody is that stupid

Oh wait, nevermind

Robot is a tool of the wacky left. It has been programmed that way and can do nothing but spew leftist, partisan garbage. On top of that, being a robot, it has no free will or heart. It is a mechanical lemming.

That's pretty harsh 3rd.

He does have a consistent point of view on politics and The Bills. I respect both. But that's just me.

Can he justify this crap? He comes over here once in awhile, spews some crap and then disappears.Posted Today, 12:12 AM

3rdnlng, on 29 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Zimmerman is screwed no matter what. Can you picture any scenario that will allow this guy to have any semblance of a normal life?

Since when do murderers get to have a normal life? (OJ maybe?) Zimmerman is a self-appointed Barney Fife who was determined to shoot him a thug. He wanted a confrontation that would allow him to "stand his ground" and an innocent kid is dead. It would take me 3 seconds to indict him, but then again I'm not in the NRA's pocket.

PTR

Can he justify this crap? He comes over here once in awhile, spews some crap and then disappears.Posted Today, 12:12 AM

3rdnlng, on 29 March 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Zimmerman is screwed no matter what. Can you picture any scenario that will allow this guy to have any semblance of a normal life?

Since when do murderers get to have a normal life? (OJ maybe?) Zimmerman is a self-appointed Barney Fife who was determined to shoot him a thug. He wanted a confrontation that would allow him to "stand his ground" and an innocent kid is dead. It would take me 3 seconds to indict him, but then again I'm not in the NRA's pocket.

PTR

Sorry. Hadn't caught up with the latest on the execution of the President's teenaged son thread when I posted this - regarding his comment on Rush - which I thought was actually kinda funny.

I realize he stirred up a lot of passion with that other post. It's for that reason that I try to float above a lot of the fray when conditions are so filled with vitriol. Sometimes a bit of wry humor can leech out the bad vibes. The more posting continues in that other thread, the more heated things are becoming. I just don't think it's worthwhile getting whipped into a frenzy when no one knows what the facts are. The sooner they do convene a grand jury on that case the better - and Holder and the CRC should jump in with both feet. Otherwise Zimmerman will never be acquitted in the court of public opinion. At best he'll have to go into the federal witness protection program to reclaim a semblance of a normal life if he's found innocent. It certainly sucks to be him. But it also sucks that a punk azzed kid is dead too.

Anyway, I know that I've said some stupid things in my day, and I'm sure that will continue.

Peace

Sorry. Hadn't caught up with the latest on the execution of the President's teenaged son thread when I posted this - regarding his comment on Rush - which I thought was actually kinda funny.

I realize he stirred up a lot of passion with that other post. It's for that reason that I try to float above a lot of the fray when conditions are so filled with vitriol. Sometimes a bit of wry humor can leech out the bad vibes. The more posting continues in that other thread, the more heated things are becoming. I just don't think it's worthwhile getting whipped into a frenzy when no one knows what the facts are. The sooner they do convene a grand jury on that case the better - and Holder and the CRC should jump in with both feet. Otherwise Zimmerman will never be acquitted in the court of public opinion. At best he'll have to go into the federal witness protection program to reclaim a semblance of a normal life if he's found innocent. It certainly sucks to be him. But it also sucks that a punk azzed kid is dead too.

Anyway, I know that I've said some stupid things in my day, and I'm sure that will continue.

Peace

Actually the people that jumped to conclusions on this board in the Trayvon Martin thread have pretty much disappeared or in the case of BFBF "re-evaluated his position". My point all along is that this needs to run its course and the media, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Fredrica Wilson, the New Black Panthers and Obama should not be whipping up a schit storm or paying million dollars for George Zimmerman "dead or alive". Spike Lee and Roseanne Barr shouldn't be giving out addresses. George Zimmerman can never lead a normal life again and he may not deserve to. But what if he does deserve to?

Actually the people that jumped to conclusions on this board in the Trayvon Martin thread have pretty much disappeared or in the case of BFBF "re-evaluated his position". My point all along is that this needs to run its course and the media, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Fredrica Wilson, the New Black Panthers and Obama should not be whipping up a schit storm or paying million dollars for George Zimmerman "dead or alive". Spike Lee and Roseanne Barr shouldn't be giving out addresses. George Zimmerman can never lead a normal life again and he may not deserve to. But what if he does deserve to?

*yawn*

...can't believe you all "debated" that situation for 20+ pages...

*yawn*

Still a long way to go to catch up to pasta salad, retatta, homework & Mario threads.

*yawn*

I'm with you on this one. As if we don't know who is going to say what before they say it, and, as if we don't know what happened, who screwed up, who's taking advantage, who is trying to make/raise money on the back of this, and, most importantly, that the right solution is already in place and already producing the expected results.

What's left to debate?

Edit: And, yeah, Media Matters looks more petty, and incompetent, every day that goes by. They haven't quite reached the laughable stage yet, but they are well on their way.

F'ing with Limbaugh....pathetic. These clowns couldn't take down Mark Levin, yet they shoot way higher, and wonder why they fail. Radio stations and their sponsors have been making way too much money, for way too many DECADES off Limbaugh to take whatever these pissants have to say seriously.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I'm with you on this one. As if we don't know who is going to say what before they say it, and, as if we don't know what happened, who screwed up, who's taking advantage, who is trying to make/raise money on the back of this, and, most importantly, that the right solution is already in place and already producing the expected results.

What's left to debate?

Edit: And, yeah, Media Matters looks more petty, and incompetent, every day that goes by. They haven't quite reached the laughable stage yet, but they are well on their way.

F'ing with Limbaugh....pathetic. These clowns couldn't take down Mark Levin, yet they shoot way higher, and wonder why they fail. Radio stations and their sponsors have been making way too much money, for way too many DECADES off Limbaugh to take whatever these pissants have to say seriously.

Are you not concerned with such things as the $1,000,000 bounty and the schit storm being whipped up by Sharpton and Jackson, Rep. Wilson and others? Zimmerman's life will never be the same whether or not he deserves it to be. There is a very good chance that there will be riots over this. Will any of these people be prosecuted for their actions?

Are you not concerned with such things as the $1,000,000 bounty and the schit storm being whipped up by Sharpton and Jackson, Rep. Wilson and others? Zimmerman's life will never be the same whether or not he deserves it to be. There is a very good chance that there will be riots over this. Will any of these people be prosecuted for their actions?

I'm not concerned about something so predictable, that if you told me these events would happen at any point since Obama was elected, I could have written every single headline word for word. I could have also told who would have shown up, what they would say....etc. So, again, not concerning. Surprises bother me. Nothing is surprising about anything in this case, so again, I ask, where's the debate?

I haven't opened that thread, and I refuse. There's hardly anything in there that I don't already know. It's not worth 1 page, never mind 20.

The fact is that Obama stuck his nose in there, just like Media Matters attacked Limbaugh, to distract from just how bad things are going for both of them. And, also predictably, both actions have completely backfired.

Now, if there are riots, they will be laid at Odumbass's feet. What an idiot. It's like he can't help himself. :wallbash: But, rest assured, I don't feel sorry for him, and I won't stop laughing at him. And, media matters is being scoffed at, rather than feared, and there's a lot of us doing the scoffing.

What is concerning about the left getting the diametric opposite result they intended. This schit happens all the time :lol: