Update: 3 winners in Mega Millions so far

You'd think 10 tickets and you would at least be able to put together a few of the numbers collectively....my numbers are almost embarrassingly 'wrong'

Agreed. Me and a buddy went in with $10, and out of the 10 sets of numbers, we hit 3 or 4 numbers total.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this woman is just looking for her 15 minutes. The surveillance camera at the Baltimore 7-eleven alledgedly recorded a man purchasing the single winning ticket. As of this morning, this crazy McDonalds lady is now saying she's not sure if she won but some of the number sound familiar, lol.. Anyone that really won is probably not running their mouth like that.

Update on some news I heard, is a lottery official stated the winning ticket was a $1, single set of numbers, ticket. Not part of a group purchase.

Update

Maryland Mega Millions 'winner' appears, but mystery deepens

Wilson, 37, earlier told the New York Post the winning ticket was stashed somewhere in the McDonald's restaurant where she works. “I left my ticket there, and it’s somewhere safe that only I know about,” she told the newspaper through a Creole-speaking translator.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/04/mega-millions-winner-105m-ticket-stashed-in-mcdonalds/

Something makes me think those employees are going to tear that place apart

Umm hello, now this crazy lady is saying she lost the ticket. I am just baffled why she continues to get publicity from the media & public? It was obvious from the get go that she didn't have the ticket and is making up a story. Any human being who wins that much money would bring the ticket to the Lottery office immediately. From the beginning, MAryland officials have said no one has provided the winning ticket...yet this lady continues to play the media.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/06/11049946-self-declared-mega-millions-winner-mirlande-wilson-i-lost-the-ticket?ocid=twitter

Umm hello, now this crazy lady is saying she lost the ticket. I am just baffled why she continues to get publicity from the media & public? It was obvious from the get go that she didn't have the ticket and is making up a story. Any human being who wins that much money would bring the ticket to the Lottery office immediately. From the beginning, MAryland officials have said no one has provided the winning ticket...yet this lady continues to play the media.

http://usnews.msnbc....et?ocid=twitter

We're supposed to assume this brilliant woman either a) memorized the numbers on the winning ticket before the drawing or b) took her winning ticket and hid it at McDonalds after the drawing. Yeah those both sound very plausible.

Any human being who wins that much money would bring the ticket to the Lottery office immediately.

I wouldn't. Ticket would go in a safety deposit box until I figured out lawyers, financial advisors, etc... Likely that would take some time since I don't have enough money to need any of that now, it would take some time to locate trusted people to handle things. In the mean time, I wouldn't tell a soul (for as long as I was able to hold out).

I would guess that's what's happening now.

check this,

4 numbers ,which I hit on only gets you 150 bucks.

You would figure with that huge jackpot there would be more money for 4 numbers.

Not gonna complain because its still free money. :)

I wouldn't. Ticket would go in a safety deposit box until I figured out lawyers, financial advisors, etc... Likely that would take some time since I don't have enough money to need any of that now, it would take some time to locate trusted people to handle things. In the mean time, I wouldn't tell a soul (for as long as I was able to hold out).

I would guess that's what's happening now.

Damn straight.

I wouldnt tell my mama I won. Seriously. Nobody and I mean nobody should know and I would even ask the lottery commish to see if I could take the money as quitely as I could.

UPDATE: The true Maryland winner has placed their claim...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/mega-millions-winner-in-maryland-presents-ticket-claims-106-million-share/2012/04/09/gIQASY4D7S_story.html

The holder of the winning Mega Millions lottery ticket purchased in Maryland presented it Monday at lottery headquarters, officials said. But little other information was available about the ticket, which has spawned rumor, speculation and at least one lawsuit. The nine-figure prize “was claimed today,” said Carole Everett, a spokeswoman for the Maryland Lottery. But she said the winner has indicated a wish to remain anonymous. Nevertheless, the lottery agency will hold a news conference Tuesday, Everett said. Even without identifying the winner by name, she said, “we have a wonderful story.”

3 Md. school workers split Mega Millions win

The winners had watched the news coverage over the last week — including stories about a Baltimore woman who claimed initially to have the ticket, then said she had lost it — and joked with each other, knowing that they had the winning ticket, Martino said. He said the woman who was in the news last week is not a winner. Calls by the Associated Press on Tuesday to the woman, Mirlande Wilson, and her lawyer were not immediately returned.

Once the vultures descend this will all change.

I read "they'll continue to work" as "we'll finish out the year and then we're out of here". I'd expect any person with any level of decency to do that.

Illinois Mega Millions winner to come forward

RED BUD, Ill. (AP) — The Illinois Lottery says the final winner of the record $656 million Mega Million jackpot has come forward. Lottery officials said Monday that the single winner will be revealed Wednesday. The other two winning tickets already have been anonymously claimed in Maryland and Kansas.