Metro derailed by culture of complacence, incompetence, lack of divers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/26/metro-derailed-by-culture-of-complacence-incompete/

Ninety-seven percent of the bus and train operators at the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority are black, with only six white women out of more than 3,000 drivers, according to Metro documents — a lack of diversity at one of the region’s largest employers that has led to an acknowledgment of failure in affirmative-action documents and spawned a series of lawsuits.

The homogeneity, interviews with dozens of current and former Metro workers indicated, is a proxy to a clubby culture of favoritism in which merit has little to do with promotions, and accountability, such as noting safety violations, is a career death knell. In typical examples, court and Metro records show, a black man who spent eight years in prison for dealing PCP was promoted to a high-level management position soon after his release, and whites in the same positions as blacks with far less seniority are inexplicably paid less.

And once again, DiN takes a complex issue and reduces it to "blame the !@#$s". :rolleyes:

You still missing DiN and want to get him to respond to you? Your mancrush on DiN is getting embarrassing for the rest of us. My God man, he wasn't even in this thread!

You still missing DiN and want to get him to respond to you? Your mancrush on DiN is getting embarrassing for the rest of us. My God man, he wasn't even in this thread!

Oops.

Sorry, DiN. Meant DIE. He's the racists ****; you're just an idiot.

Oops.

Sorry, DiN. Meant DIE. He's the racists ****; you're just an idiot.

Freudian slip or not, your pining for DiN has gotten rather disconcerting. Do you need him that much to validate your superiority? I know that he was there for you when Conner basically left, and provides you with that much needed punching bag and the one person you know you can best in an argument, but at least attempt to go to the next level. Expand your horizens.

Freudian slip or not, your pining for DiN has gotten rather disconcerting. Do you need him that much to validate your superiority? I know that he was there for you when Conner basically left, and provides you with that much needed punching bag and the one person you know you can best in an argument, but at least attempt to go to the next level. Expand your horizens.

Don't sell yourself short. You fill in perfectly well in DiN's absence.

Poll.

What is the least shocking thing about this thread?

A. That it is yet another in a long line of single subject threads from DaveInElma. One might even call it a "remedial enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm". (Google that, then click your heels 3 times and say...mod)

B. A DiE threat that is about black guys winning, instead of losing....well, aren't they?

C. That DC_Tom is compelled to hit the easy target, again, without seeing the potential for humor. (BTW, Nanker? Nice :D)

D. That 3rdnlng is still butthurt from some new thrashing DC_Tom must have given him in some other thread(s) nobody remembers, but is now reminding us of that thrashing, or inviting us to assume it, by chasing Tom in, of all things, a DiE thread.

B. is my answer. B is for Because. For years the Irish were in control of the police and fire, the Italians the garbage, etc. As each ethnic group has raised itself up, at one time they dominated some public sector thing or another, and I don't think we get very far pretending that they weren't corrupt, incompetent, etc. Now, the blacks are in charge of buses, and, given that this historically means they are on the way up...and not staying where they are, which costs us all a lot of money in taxes and crime....this is a bad thing (B for) BECAUSE?

Most shocking thing: GG attempting troll activity??? Hmmmmm.

Poll.

What is the least shocking thing about this thread?

A. That it is yet another in a long line of single subject threads from DaveInElma. One might even call it a "remedial enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm". (Google that, then click your heels 3 times and say...mod)

B. A DiE threat that is about black guys winning, instead of losing....well, aren't they?

C. That DC_Tom is compelled to hit the easy target, again, without seeing the potential for humor. (BTW, Nanker? Nice :D)

D. That 3rdnlng is still butthurt from some new thrashing DC_Tom must have given him in some other thread(s) nobody remembers, but is now reminding us of that thrashing, or inviting us to assume it, by chasing Tom in, of all things, a DiE thread.

B. is my answer. B is for Because. For years the Irish were in control of the police and fire, the Italians the garbage, etc. As each ethnic group has raised itself up, at one time they dominated some public sector thing or another, and I don't think we get very far pretending that they weren't corrupt, incompetent, etc. Now, the blacks are in charge of buses, and, given that this historically means they are on the way up...and not staying where they are, which costs us all a lot of money in taxes and crime....this is a bad thing (B for) BECAUSE?

Most shocking thing: GG attempting troll activity??? Hmmmmm.

You don't get to 30k posts by letting the low-hanging fruit just hang.