Jet Blue pilot goes nuts during flight

The aircraft was carrying people bound from New York to Las Vegas, Nev., for a security convention, passengers said.

When the pilot began pounding on the cockpit door, a former prison security guard grabbed him by the neck and choked the captain until he collapsed, Schonzeit said.

He picked a good flight to go crazy on.

I haven't flown in over 12 years and have no plans to fly anytime soon. F**k flying. God forbid I'm ever on a plane where someone starts acting funny. It wouldn't even need to get to the point that this situation got to. If something wasn't right, I would be out of my chair and whoopin' some ass faster than I've moved since I was a teenager. I know flying is statistically safer, but in my car I'm much more in control than I am in the air. I hate the idea of leaving my safety up to someone else. It's bothered me as long as I can remember.

I haven't flown in over 12 years and have no plans to fly anytime soon. F**k flying. God forbid I'm ever on a plane where someone starts acting funny. It wouldn't even need to get to the point that this situation got to. If something wasn't right, I would be out of my chair and whoopin' some ass faster than I've moved since I was a teenager. I know flying is statistically safer, but in my car I'm much more in control than I am in the air. I hate the idea of leaving my safety up to someone else. It's bothered me as long as I can remember.

You haven't flown in 12 years? Yikes. You know the best part of flying? $5 drinks that they bring right to you.

You haven't flown in 12 years? Yikes. You know the best part of flying? $5 drinks that they bring right to you.

That, and watching how many drinks the people around you order when you bring your 3 little kids on the flight. :lol:

I haven't had a drink in over 12 years either :lol: (a beer every so often, but not a liquor guy)

That's why I don't ride a motorcycle. To do that, you need to trust people.

There was 3 accidents, 3 days in a row, at the same intersection north of Syracuse just a couple weeks ago. All because someone made a left turn in front of a motorcycle.

Absolutely...and I've REALLY had to resist the urge to get one, cause I think bikes are about the coolest thing on earth. My grandfather lost his brother to a motorcycle accident many many years ago, though, and I promised him I'd never ride.

Absolutely...and I've REALLY had to resist the urge to get one, cause I think bikes are about the coolest thing on earth. My grandfather lost his brother to a motorcycle accident many many years ago, though, and I promised him I'd never ride.

You also have to consider Atlanta traffic. And the people in that traffic. :o

My boss wanted to sell me his bike a couple summers ago. I took it out with him around Roswell a couple times. I wont ride a motorcycle around Atlanta drivers ever again.

You also have to consider Atlanta traffic. And the people in that traffic. :o

My boss wanted to sell me his bike a couple summers ago. I took it out with him around Roswell a couple times. I wont ride a motorcycle around Atlanta drivers ever again.

I literally will stay at work an hour or two longer on the days when I'm ordinarily scheduled to leave around 5pm. Nothing gets me more frustrated than having to be packed in with these idiots as I make my commute back to Flowery Branch. I wouldn't want to ever be on a bike on 85, 285, 75, 400, or any of the other major highways around here...there is crazy behavior everywhere.

I suppose I figure I trust 2 trained guys that are statistically a pretty great bet over betting on even myself when you factor in everything that can happen on a road. I trust myself a lot but I dont inherently distrust trained professionals in the cockpit more then the goon texting in the car behind me.

<br />I haven't flown in over 12 years and have no plans to fly anytime soon. F**k flying. God forbid I'm ever on a plane where someone starts acting funny. It wouldn't even need to get to the point that this situation got to. If something wasn't right, I would be out of my chair and whoopin' some ass faster than I've moved since I was a teenager. I know flying is statistically safer, but in my car I'm much more in control than I am in the air. I hate the idea of leaving my safety up to someone else. It's bothered me as long as I can remember.<br />

Remind me not to tail you through a gated community in FLA!

The news said that it was a medical problem. What kinds of meds was this guy on to control that severe a problem, and do we really want this ticking time bomb flying planes?

The news said that it was a medical problem. What kinds of meds was this guy on to control that severe a problem, and do we really want this ticking time bomb flying planes?

I think the medical term is "!@#$ing batshit crazy".

p.s. But don't worry, his union will have him back in the cockpit in no time!

I think the medical term is "!@#$ing batshit crazy".

p.s. But don't worry, his union will have him back in the cockpit in no time!

Former military pilot? Not implying he was but perhaps something that might be related to flying off the deep end like that?

You wouldn't do well on "The Amazing Race." :P