Tampa tourist suggestions, please

Spending 5 days in Tampa for the Frozen Four. Already plan several trips to the beach, Ybor City, a tour of the Yeungling Brewery, and a Rays/Yankees game along with the hockey. Looking for any tips of things to do/places to see. Any choices for best beach? Anyone do that brewery tour?

PTR

Get on 60 West and keep going till you hit the Gulf. Turn right, go a couple blocks, stop at Frenchy's Saltwater Cafe, order a cajun grouper sammich.

And bring one back for me.

p.s. Frozen Four in Tampa??

Do I need to negotiate a line of credit with my bank before going?

You're looking at $39 for the 32oz porterhouse steak, but well worth it. The steak comes alone, all your sides are at an additional cost. Pricey, but great!!! If you do want something on the side, I'd go with the asparagus. Their salad is great, too. Last time I went to Charley's we had a party of 6 and that ran me about $335. None of us drink, so we saved a little loot there.

BTW. There isn't a strict dress code, so you can dress casually.

Edited by NoJustice

Ybor City wasn't great mid-day with kids, but might be cool on a weekend night.

We went to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium where the movie Dolphin Tale was filmed, and Winter the Dolphin actually lives there.

Yes, we're lame.

Hace not read any replies yet, but my over under on first Mons venus post is 3

Wow, i was wrong...so now its mentioned. Tampa Bay downs is a cool little track if you like th have a day at the races.

BTW, just googled Mons, and this list came up What is it with Tampa and all the bobbie bars?

Lots of places there with a free lunch PTR, or free admssion with a date..just some options LOL

http://tampabay.metromix.com/entertainment/2787284

Edited by plenzmd1

Downtown St Pete near the Vinoy is some great places to eat. You also can go to the pier.

Frenchy's is a must. But go to the original one. The Tampa Aquarium is also a blast.

For a outstanding steak go to Lee Roy Selmons, which is near Yankee stadium. You also could go to Busch Gardens, killer rides. For the best beach go to Clearwater beach, and Frenchy's is right there for you. Dont waste your money on any clothing down at the beach there are plenty of malls and outlet stores to do that. If you get a chance go to Tarpon Springs for some greek food and fun, the sponge docks are pretty interesting. Also in Clearwater is the home of the Phillys. Its a beautiful park for baseball.

I've lived here for about 30 years, its a beautiful area. Enjoy yourself.

Do I need to negotiate a line of credit with my bank before going?

PTR

I was there about 14 years ago(back when Rob Johnson was our QB. Went to eat there & it was pretty good. Not the best steakhouse I ever been at(EB Greens is better & so is Kennedy's Cove) but it was really good. This was 14 years, I don't think it was too pricey but times may have changed with the prices.

Get on 60 West and keep going till you hit the Gulf. Turn right, go a couple blocks, stop at Frenchy's Saltwater Cafe, order a cajun grouper sammich.

And bring one back for me.

p.s. Frozen Four in Tampa??

I thought the same thing. My boss goes down to Tampa/St Pete every April & he swears by that place & he always gets the grouper sandwich. He says you will not find a better sandwich. Funny you mention it.

If you're looking for a bit of Buffalo in Tampa, there's this place:

http://nickelcitybar.com/

I remember hearing about it before Super Bowl XXV. The bartender here hooked us up with the broker we ended up getting our tickets from, the Friday before the game.

Not a bad place to go. Their Beef on Wick is a little weak, though their wings are pretty good.

Lotsa Buffalo folks hang out there.

I thought the same thing. My boss goes down to Tampa/St Pete every April & he swears by that place & he always gets the grouper sandwich. He says you will not find a better sandwich. Funny you mention it.

We had a whole thread here once about Frenchy's and the grouper sandwich. Funny thing is I haven't been there in 20 years and I still hear people still rave about it.

p.s. Also try Post Corner Pizza nearby on Clearwater Beach. Great 'za.