Sunday or Monday Night Opener?

Tebow isn't expected to start and it will take more than a couple FA signings to make the Bills nationally relevant again, so I'm thinking no.

We know the Bills will have at least one prime-time game (every team will), but I agree, seriously doubt it will be opening weekend.

I can see them getting a prime time game this year because they landed the top defensive FA this year and will be seen as one of the teams on the rise. (Did they change the rule yet that all teams were now going to get atleast 1 prime time game a season?). As for the Jets, they will get prime time games to because they are a New York (in name) team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get the opener because of Tebow, he more then likely won't start, unless NY feels pressure to unload Sanchez (I hope not) and make him the starter. otherwise he will see game time, but as a Wild Cat QB (Brad Smith type role when he was used early on last year).

I would think the NFL would go with a Bills/Pats prime time game over the jets because of the game last year when the Bills won at home. It also might be a good storyline to see one of the top offences face off against the Bills new D-line/defence

Buffalo VS St. Louis / Jacksonville at home

If they wanted to break records for lowest audience for a prime time game, those could be competitors

We know the Bills will have at least one prime-time game (every team will), but I agree, seriously doubt it will be opening weekend.

Just curious, did they make a new rule that every team will be awarded at least one prime-time game? I don't remember the Bills getting one last year...at least if my memory serves me correctly...

I do hope with the signings of Mario and Anderson, the re-signing of Stevie, that it would entice the league to give us at least one home Monday night game...

Just curious, did they make a new rule that every team will be awarded at least one prime-time game? I don't remember the Bills getting one last year...at least if my memory serves me correctly...

I do hope with the signings of Mario and Anderson, the re-signing of Stevie, that it would entice the league to give us at least one home Monday night game...

Yup...NFL Network will have 13 Thursday night games this coming season (instead of 8), and every team will have at least one Prime Time appearence:

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/02/03/five-additional-games-for-nfl-networks-thursday-night-football/

Yup...NFL Network will have 13 Thursday night games this coming season (instead of 8), and every team will have at least one Prime Time appearence:

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/02/03/five-additional-games-for-nfl-networks-thursday-night-football/

An appearence yes, but I haven't seen where each team will get a home prime time game.

id be ok with a Thursday or even Saturday night prime time game but i honestly dont like it when the bills are in prime time on sunday or monday

i hate the waiting and prefer sunday 1 PM games

A 6-10 team v. an 8-8 team on opening weekend?? Pass the crack pipe.

Bills at san francisco second game of monday night doubleheader opening weekend. It starts at 10 pm est so this game is unlikely to occur. Most likely will have 2 west coast teams to improve tv ratings.

It's very unlikely that every team will host one

Right - at 32 mandated games that would leave very little flexibility to schedule better matchups as the season progresses.

Every team will be IN at least one primetime game - there's nothing saying who's home/away to my knowledge.

Why do people care so much if we get prime time games or not? I swear someone starts a new thread regarding this once a week.

Maybe because of the Bills' rich history of success on Sunday and Monday night games.

Bills at san francisco second game of monday night doubleheader opening weekend. It starts at 10 pm est so this game is unlikely to occur. Most likely will have 2 west coast teams to improve tv ratings.

Oh, now that I could see.

Edited by KD in CT

When did they start giving teams W-L records of anything other than 0-0 before the start of the season?

History always matters. Like how it's always brought up before the Miami games that the Bills went 0-20 against them in the 70's.