Anybody have Fios in NYS or PA - major outage?

bbb

No email from them or anything, but I had to call and talk to them to find this out, and now I googled and found out that many people are in the same boat. Basically all of NYS and PA.

Nothing, but basic cable is on. I was so mad that I couldn't watch the Lady Bonnies today (which turned out to be a blessing). But, then Mad Men didn't get recorded.

My DVR seems to be gone too - as far as recorded programs. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?

I will be fuming if my DVR is wiped out permanently.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I had anything to do with any issues FiOS may or may not have had in the NY/Penn reagion.

Do you seriously know what is going on. It's still out! I have one TV show that I watch and it started yesterday - Mad Men - with two new episodes for the first time in 18 months, and I can't watch it!

I tried to find out where I can watch it online, and read an article that said nowhere!

I can neither confirm nor deny that I had anything to do with any issues FiOS may or may not have had in the NY/Penn reagion.

Yea, right, were you in Buffalo on Friday?

http://www.timesunion.com/business/article/Verizon-FiOS-customers-frustrated-by-weekend-TV-3435117.php

The issue was caused by a software problem at Verizon's Buffalo hub that broadcasts TV signals to customers in the Syracuse area and here in the Capital Region, according to Verizon spokesman John Bonomo.

Bonomo said customers can get their TV back by rebooting their set-top box, something a technical support rep can do over the phone. However, there have been long waits for tech support, and there is a way to do it yourself, Bonomo said.

Here is what he says to do:

Using your remote control, go to the Menu, then Customer Support, then In-Home Agent, and then find the selection STB Auto Correct.

http://www.timesunion.com/business/article/Verizon-FiOS-customers-frustrated-by-weekend-TV-3435117.php

The issue was caused by a software problem at Verizon's Buffalo hub that broadcasts TV signals to customers in the Syracuse area and here in the Capital Region, according to Verizon spokesman John Bonomo.

Bonomo said customers can get their TV back by rebooting their set-top box, something a technical support rep can do over the phone. However, there have been long waits for tech support, and there is a way to do it yourself, Bonomo said.

Using your remote control, go to the Menu, then Customer Support, then In-Home Agent, and then find the selection STB Auto Correct.

I'm afraid of doing something like that and then it wipes up my DVR library, which seems to be missing right now.......Actually at one point, even the fios remote wouldn't work. Only my universal remote.

And from that article, I'm not the only one who is upset about losing out on basketball and Mad Men:

Many FiOS customers locally were also upset that they missed the premier of Mad Men Sunday night on AMC.

STB Auto-correct doesnt work for everyone.

My DVR library is back (although not any channel over the 20s)........And, my DVR recorded AMC for Mad Men last night........Exactly how it was on that channel at that time - two hours of black screen.

I don't even watch much TV and I'm annoyed. I can imagine most people are ready to kill.

My DVR library is back (although not any channel over the 20s)........And, my DVR recorded AMC for Mad Men last night........Exactly how it was on that channel at that time - two hours of black screen.

I don't even watch much TV and I'm annoyed. I can imagine most people are ready to kill.

It was on again tonight.

It was on again tonight.

And, my channels are still all black (the ones over very basic cable) - telling me I need to subscribe!

That wants me to download some stuff. Am I supposed to trust it?

And, my channels are still all black (the ones over very basic cable) - telling me I need to subscribe!

That wants me to download some stuff. Am I supposed to trust it?

Don't download anything. Just keep trying different links till one will play w/o downloading. That site takes some getting used to, but once you understand it's quirks it's pretty good. I watched all the episodes of walking dead on it.

Don't download anything. Just keep trying different links till one will play w/o downloading. That site takes some getting used to, but once you understand it's quirks it's pretty good. I watched all the episodes of walking dead on it.

Thanks. If my friggin AMC is not restored in a day or two, I'm going to watch it on there.

No email from them or anything, but I had to call and talk to them to find this out, and now I googled and found out that many people are in the same boat. Basically all of NYS and PA.

Nothing, but basic cable is on. I was so mad that I couldn't watch the Lady Bonnies today (which turned out to be a blessing). But, then Mad Men didn't get recorded.

My DVR seems to be gone too - as far as recorded programs. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?

I will be fuming if my DVR is wiped out permanently.

Yeah in West Seneca and it was out over the weekend and had to call to get back up.

Then Sunday my dog chewed into pieces the remote. :angry:

But he is a cool puppy!!! :P

This tweet I just got was apropos:

The Onion ‏ @TheOnion

NEWSWIRE: Fourth 'Mad Men' Torrent Works http://onion.com/GTGauD