Happy Cows!

Every time I let them in the next pen they do this. Especially in to the winter pastures, the calves run all over. I have a small lot I keep the bull in when he's not working, I keep a cow/calf pair there to keep him company; the calf (1 month old) spends most of his day running in the knee high rye grass.

Every time I let them in the next pen they do this. Especially in to the winter pastures, the calves run all over. I have a small lot I keep the bull in when he's not working, I keep a cow/calf pair there to keep him company; the calf (1 month old) spends most of his day running in the knee high rye grass.

HAHA, some of their behavior reminds me of large dogs.

HAHA, some of their behavior reminds me of large dogs.

The running and jumping is for excitement, getting out of the old and getting the new. The rubbing the head in the ground is often for itching and sometimes playing.

In a seasonal pasture they fan out at the gate and put their head to the ground and clear a swath about 20-24" wide for 8 to 10 feet, turn 20 degrees and repeat. Eventually, they clear the whole area with this method.

The calves like to run, as well as the cows, on the fresh soft grass because it is softer and similar to putting on Nikes instead of just being in your loafers.

The running and jumping is for excitement, getting out of the old and getting the new. The rubbing the head in the ground is often for itching and sometimes playing.

In a seasonal pasture they fan out at the gate and put their head to the ground and clear a swath about 20-24" wide for 8 to 10 feet, turn 20 degrees and repeat. Eventually, they clear the whole area with this method.

The calves like to run, as well as the cows, on the fresh soft grass because it is softer and similar to putting on Nikes instead of just being in your loafers.

Adorably delicious! :thumbsup:

wow, i've literally never seen cows do anything except stand still and eat. Cool video! I dare say one or two of those heffers even looked...agile lol