Hot coffee lawsuit

FWIW Juror is slightly off on a few details but the gist of what he's saying is more or less accurate. I hate frivolous lawsuits as much as the next guy, but McDonalds was passing scalding hot coffee through a drive thru window that was 190 degrees. They had received several complaints and chosen to keep serving hot coffee. They've since reduced it to 170 degrees.

We absolutely need some measures of tort reform (some measures to limit frivolous suits currently exist) but the McDonald's case is one that sounds a lot worse at a glance than it is when you delve into the details.

And I don't think a reasonable person would hand a 4 year old a cup of hot coffee. Of course I don't think a reasonable person would send a 4 year old for coffee either. If the coffee was still 190 degrees the poor kid would be in real bad shape.

Edited by Rob's House

My Keurig goes to 190°. McDonald's goes to 11? Shite. Half the time I nuke the cup for 40 seconds on high to get it up to lip-blistering temperature - which for me is normal.

Hey - and what about my poor 83 year-old lady who bonked her noggin' on the Apple Store window/door in Long Island?

Where's the love? She wants a million.