Bills have meeting with Stanford LT Martin

mob16151

otoh, big guys tend to go off the board early and often. sam baker for example

After his very disappointing pro day I would not be surprised at all if he slips to a late 1st rd and quite possibly 2nd rd pick. Bills could either trade back get him late rd 1 or have him slip to them in rd 2. I'd be more for taking him rd 2 if still available.

After his very disappointing pro day I would not be surprised at all if he slips to a late 1st rd and quite possibly 2nd rd pick. Bills could either trade back get him late rd 1 or have him slip to them in rd 2. I'd be more for taking him rd 2 if still available.

We do not need to be trading back up into any round, and I don't think we will. Buddy said we needed all 9 of our picks.

I'd love to see us trade back about 10 spots, pick up an extra 2, grab Martin or Adams in the 1st, and go OLB and WR with the two 2's and BPA thereafter (which hopefully includes a CB and TE somewhere in Rds 3-5).....

I called him Winston justice in another post, I stand by it. Late first, early 2nd. No one has suggested trading back into the first. Cleveland may have interest in excepting our first next year and a 3rd this yr. Floyd and Glenn/Martin in the first David in the 2nd would be a good draft.

The Bills have 30 scheduled visits at OBD with potential draftees, plus as many prospects from the Buffalo area as they care to entertain (since local prospects from a team's own metro-area do not count against each team's limit of 30 draft-eligible prospects). Clearly, the Bills have only 9 draft picks - not 30 - so I wouldn't read too much into each and every news item about a draft-eligible prospect being invited for a visit to OBD.

These visits just as often serve to eliminate certain prospects from the Bills draft board (or confirm whether a lower round prospect should be 'moved-up' on the Bills' draft board - or a higher round prospect 'moved-down') just as often as they serve to enhance the draft chances of those 'under-the-radar' picks that pleasantly surprise us every year.

I have no historical data to base this on - just a hunch - but I'll guess that just as many players (and maybe even more) that have not been invited to visit OBD are drafted by Buffalo as players who are invited for a visit.

(I'll also go a step further and state unequivocally that the Bills will NOT be drafting Martin.)

post-2970-055276700 1332614417_thumb.jpg

The Bills have 30 scheduled visits at OBD with potential draftees, plus as many prospects from the Buffalo area as they care to entertain (since local prospects from a team's own metro-area do not count against each team's limit of 30 draft-eligible prospects). Clearly, the Bills have only 9 draft picks - not 30 - so I wouldn't read too much into each and every news item about a draft-eligible prospect being invited for a visit to OBD.

These visits just as often serve to eliminate certain prospects from the Bills draft board (or confirm whether a lower round prospect should be 'moved-up' on the Bills' draft board - or a higher round prospect 'moved-down') just as often as they serve to enhance the draft chances of those 'under-the-radar' picks that pleasantly surprise us every year.

I have no historical data to base this on - just a hunch - but I'll guess that just as many players (and maybe even more) that have not been invited to visit OBD are drafted by Buffalo as players who are invited for a visit.

(I'll also go a step further and state unequivocally that the Bills will NOT be drafting Martin.)

I don't think the Bills will draft Martin either, but it is Bills related, and it does show that Martin is on the Bills radar leading up to the draft.

Interesting thing to research (the visits to drafted ratio I mean), I'll see if I can dig up any info.

One thing I do know though is that under the Nix regime both of our first rounders (Spiller and Dareus) both came in for a predraft visit. That being said, I would say its very likely one of these visitors end up being our first round pick. I truly dont understand the rabid hatred for Martin here, but I'm going to move on.

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

Interesting thing to research (the visits to drafted ratio I mean), I'll see if I can dig up any info.

One thing I do know though is that under the Nix regime both of our first rounders (Spiller and Dareus) both came in for a predraft visit. That being said, I would say its very likely one of these visitors end up being our first round pick. I truly dont understand the rabid hatred for Martin here, but I'm going to move on.

The timeline also appears to be that after speaking with him and watching the pro day workout, including the bench press and 40, they invited Martin in for a visit. It couldn't have turned them off that much (it also doesn't mean they like him at 10 either).

The timeline also appears to be that after speaking with him and watching the pro day workout, including the bench press and 40, they invited Martin in for a visit. It couldn't have turned them off that much (it also doesn't mean they like him at 10 either).

Could be a ploy to distract from who they really want, could be a "just in case he slides," could be a "wow let's get this guy up close before we push him down/off the board, could be they have a handful of guys they are into at Stanford and they chose him as the one to talk to to get a feel for the program or someone specific without tipping their hand

Could be they really like him too, of course

I don't think Buddy said he needed 9 players from those picks. I would love it if an OT is picked in the earlier rounds.

As would I, but he siad the we were happy to have 9 picks and would like to have one more. I'm not feeling a trade up.

Ummmm what?

I just get tired of guys judging like they know. YouTube plus CBS Sportsline doesn't qualify one to say how workout numbers will affect a propect's draft position. Sorry. It is getting thick around here and it's making me surly.