[please fix subject]

vegas55

Than a ESPN "analyst", especially a former NFL guy, who is afraid to give an opinion, despite the fact that they are getting paid to do just that. I thought ESPN paid their guest/analysts, especially former NFL types, to provide insight and opinion. In a typical Mangini appearance this morning on Cowhert show, he was asked if he thought, in his opinion, whether Tebow acquisition would work for the Jets. His answer "it could work". That's not an answer! Anything could work. But to top it off, he was then asked if he ( Mangini) would have made the deal for Tebow. His answer/opinion was, and I quote, " I don't know". So he can't even offer an opinion on what he himself would do? Wow.

Right out of the Mike Golic school of no opinion broadcasting. In fact, yesterday, Golic gave the exact same "it could work" answer to the same Tebow question.

I actually find it refreshing when people respectfully chose to not talk out of their a**. Opinion in the news is a problem from where I stand, unless you are looking for someone else's opinion to call your own. It does save some people time.

Sign of the times. Journalism and reporting (not necessary to same things) is far too often heavily slanted in one direction or the other. I prefer it when I'm presented with facts and left to think rather than the ever popular heavily slanted sound bites and opinions that most run with these days.

Than a ESPN "analyst", especially a former NFL guy, who is afraid to give an opinion, despite the fact that they are getting paid to do just that. I thought ESPN paid their guest/analysts, especially former NFL types, to provide insight and opinion. In a typical Mangini appearance this morning on Cowhert show, he was asked if he thought, in his opinion, whether Tebow acquisition would work for the Jets. His answer "it could work". That's not an answer! Anything could work. But to top it off, he was then asked if he ( Mangini) would have made the deal for Tebow. His answer/opinion was, and I quote, " I don't know". So he can't even offer an opinion on what he himself would do? Wow.

Right out of the Mike Golic school of no opinion broadcasting. In fact, yesterday, Golic gave the exact same "it could work" answer to the same Tebow question.

I've been listening to WFAN all week and they've got NO problems giving their opinions about what the Jets did. On the day after the trade was made, I was listening to "Boomer (Esiason) and Carton". Craig Carton (huge Jets fan) came out of the gate calling the Jets clowns and it went downhill from there. This trade has been radio gold and I've seriously never had so much fun listening to sports talk than I've had this week. Today it was all about the hosts telling the Jets to stop with the charade and just trade Sanchez already. Zero to hundred and they haven't even finalized the deal or had the press conference yet...LOL

This one move is going to bring the NFL to a whole new level which hasn't even been contemplated before. Think about it, future Hall of Fame QB Peyton Manning was traded to Denver and very next day no one even cared! Reality TV nation meets National Football League nation. That's what's coming.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.